Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I stayed at dad's for an hour until I realized mom must be worried about where I was

I stayed at dad's for an hour until I realized mom must be worried about where I was. Besides, it was getting quite late, and I had been there for longer than I first intended. So, I said goodbye to dad and gave him another tight hug before walking to mom's car.

He reminded me that I should do what he recommended regarding Timmy, which I had rolled my eyes at. He also reminded me to call or text him whenever I wanted. I told him I would, and I meant it because one thing I had learned from visiting him was that he was still my dad, and I loved him too much to ignore him anymore. Maybe I wasn't ready to fully forgive him, but I was heading in that direction.

The second I opened the front door of my new home, I could feel the delicious scent of food being made. "Hey, guys!" I called as I dropped my bag to the floor and discarded my outdoor clothing.

I walked into the kitchen where everyone was, and by everyone, I even meant Timmy and Lily. They were sitting at the kitchen table while Nicole and mom were making dinner.

"Hey, Jules," mom greeted, flashing me a smile. "Did you have to work overtime today?"

My eyes were still locked on Timmy and Lily who were in their own little bubble, talking in low voices to each other. "No, I was at dad's," I said monotonously.

Mom let out a gasp while Timmy's head snapped to me in a quick motion. "You what?" Mom said, looking at me with wide eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders while biting my lip. "I thought it was about time I let him explain things."

She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Meanwhile, I could feel Timmy still staring at me, but I avoided him. If he wanted to know what happened, he would have to ask me in person. I would not tell everyone how my first meeting with my dad was after two months of not seeing him, at least not like this. Besides, Lily didn't even know about what happened, if Timmy hadn't told her, that is.

The topic died down after that, and soon enough, dinner was ready. I sat down at the table along with mom and Nicole before we all dug into the food. They had made Pasta Carbonara, and yet again they didn't fail to succeed. I was beyond grateful to have these two women making such delicious food to me.

I tried not to look over at Timmy and Lily during the dinner, but it was hard not to. It was like my eyes locked on them without my consciousness, especially when they got into their own world and stared at each other with smiles on their faces.

I tried talking to mom and Nicole, but it was hard making conversation with them when my head kept turning the couple all the time. It was so painful, yet I kept doing it.

When dinner was finally over, I went up to my room without a word and closed the door behind me. I was certain mom would come to talk to me about dad at one point during the evening, so I was just waiting for the knock to come.