Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Loud gasps were heard, and I was quite sure I was one of them

Loud gasps were heard, and I was quite sure I was one of them. I couldn't make out anything, though, because I was paralyzed by what was taking place in front of me. My eyes widened as I stared at the body lying on the floor, blood seeping from one of his hands and his cheek.

Surprisingly, I was the first one that took action. I was at Timmy's side as soon as I snapped back to reality, kneeling beside his body on the side that the glass wasn't scattered. His eyes were closed, and I didn't hesitate before taking his face in my hands, shaking him lightly.

He wasn't bleeding much, but it was still enough to make it look bad and painful. His eyes blinked open, but they instantly rolled back again, making me panic a little. How bad did he hit himself and how much did he have to drink?

I looked up when I noticed that someone was kneeling beside me, seeing that Ansel had come to my rescue. "Timmy, wake up," he ordered, slight panic lacing his voice as well.

A loud groan escaped the curly-haired guy's lips, and a second later his emerald green eyes were showing again, this time staying open.

"Oh my God," I gasped, feeling relieved that he was at least awake.

A frown formed between his eyebrows when he noticed that I was hovering over him. He then looked at Ansel, the crease growing deeper. "Wha-- what happened?" He coughed.

"You stumbled and fell to the floor, man. Shit, you scared the hell out of us," Ansel explained, helping him sit up.

My eyes fell to the cut on his cheek. It didn't look that deep, but it had started bleeding a little more. Someone would have to help him clean it up.

It wasn't until Timmy was sitting that he seemed to notice that he had hurt himself. He lifted his hand to get a look at his knuckles that were bleeding too. "Damn," he muttered.

I looked at Ansel pointedly, and he nodded his head. Together, we helped Timmy up to his feet. I wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders and Ansel did the same thing with his other arm.

It wasn't until then I noticed that we had gained a lot of attention. The music had even been turned off. I did my best not to think too much about it as we helped Timmy out of the living room.

Fortunately, there was a bathroom on the first floor, so we took him there and sat him down on the counter, his head falling forward slightly. I grabbed a towel and wetted it while Ansel held his body up. When I was ready to clean the cuts, Ansel stepped away and I positioned myself between Timmy's legs to keep him upright.

I could feel Ansel's eyes on me, so I turned around to look at him. He looked puzzled, judging by the way he was scratching the back of his neck, and I instantly understood why. "You can go back and clean up the mess. I can handle it from here," I assured him, making his eyebrows shoot up.