Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I took mom's car to work that Monday considering she went together with Nicole. It was raining today as well, and I was starting to grow really tired of it. I hated the rain. It was depressing and it destroyed my hair by getting it all wet and tousled. Fortunately, I didn't have to expose myself to it too much thanks to the car, though.

The second I entered the bakery, Dylan ran up to me with curiosity sparkling in his crystal blue eyes. "Tell me everything."

We didn't open the store until another ten minutes, so we sat down opposite each other at one of the tables in the bakery. I told him everything from the moment mom had informed me that her co-worker was Timothée's mom to my and Nicole's conversation that evening.

"So you live there now, just like that?" He asked in disbelief. "I mean, you live in the same house as Timothée fricking Chalamet?"

I bit my bottom lip as I looked at him. "Yeah, I guess so."

"That's insane. You have no idea how jealous I am of you right now," he said, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back in his seat so his disheveled blonde locks fell against the backrest.

"Dyl, I haven't even met him. Take a chill pill," I chuckled.

"But you're going to! When was he coming home? Next week?" He asked, spreading his arms.

I nodded my head slowly, looking down at the surface of the table. "Yeah, Nicole said he's been away for three months to record a new movie."

His facial expression turned curious and almost cheeky all of a sudden. "Oh, you're getting all the juicy stuff... Promise me you'll keep me updated about everything that has to do with him, alright?"

"I promise," I chuckled, rolling my eyes at him. It was impossible not to love this human being. He could always make you happy in the darkest days.

"Alright, the customers are probably waiting for us to open. Can you unlock the door while I start up the coffee machine?" He asked, to which I nodded.

-

When my shift of the day ended, Dylan's did too. We went to the changing room together and changed back to our casual clothes. Neither of us had any problem with changing in the same room. We were best friends after all, and it wasn't like we were checking each other out.

"Where are you heading now?" He wondered when I had buttoned my jeans.

I reached up to pull out my ponytail so my hair could fall freely down my shoulders. "I think I'm heading home to dad actually. I have to pick up some outfits because I can't keep living with only two different ones. It's a pain in the ass and disgusting as hell."

He shot me a smile from across the room. "I can't disagree with that. Besides, if you're going to live in the same house as the hottest guy in the country, I would even want you to own more than two outfits," he winked.

"Thanks a lot," I said, rolling my eyes.

He walked over to me with his bag in one hand. "I'm just telling the truth. I wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself."

I let out a snort. "That's probably inevitable. My aura screams 'embarrassing'. Only God knows how I am going to react when Timothée comes home next week," I sighed.

Dylan placed a hand on my shoulder while looking me in the eyes. "Don't worry about it, Jules. If you keep thinking about it, it's going to be even worse. I suggest you are yourself, then I'm sure everything will be fine."