Chapter 27

Chapter 27

That night, I dreamt of him

That night, I dreamt of him. Or, I dreamed that we actually kissed this time. It all seemed so real that I thought it was happening in real life, but obviously, I wasn't that lucky.

It had taken some time before I had fallen asleep, though. I couldn't stop thinking about how Timmy was going to act now, after what happened. However, I told myself that nothing actually did happen, so was there even a reason for him to act differently?

When I woke up in the morning, I did my usual chores before going downstairs to eat breakfast. I didn't have work today, so there was no need for me to rush. I was feeling a little hungry, though, which was probably the reason I went down at nine in the morning already.

I made myself a bowl of cereal along with a slice of toast before sitting down at the kitchen table. After about ten minutes, I started wondering why Timmy hadn't come down to join me yet. I mean, he always accompanied me when I ate breakfast.

Before I had time to think more about it, I could hear a door slam shut on the second floor. Feeling my lips curl into a smile, I brought the spoon to my mouth and continued eating.

A few seconds later, he was running down the stairs quickly. It went so fast that I started getting a little confused. Why was he in such a hurry?

I opened my mouth to call for him, but I was cut off by the front door slamming shut. Did he just leave the house without even saying a word to me?

Getting up from my seat, I walked over to the window to realize that yes, he did. He was already sitting in his car, pulling out of the driveway. I could even see from over here that his face was drained from emotions. What was going on?

Once he was gone, I sat down on my chair again, suddenly not feeling as hungry anymore. I swirled my spoon in the milk as I started wondering if I was the cause of his runaway. I mean, he did act weird after what happened last night during dinner already, but I thought he would get over it. I mean, nothing even happened.

After a while, I decided to move to the living room where I lied down on the couch, draping a blanket over my body. Turning on the television, I tried my best to focus on what was playing, but it was impossible.

I couldn't stop thinking about why Timmy had just run off like that. Had something else happened that made him do it? Was he late to a meeting with his agent, or what was it?

My head spun like crazy the entire noon, and it didn't make matters better that he never came back. I checked my phone several times to see if he had sent me a text or something, but there was nothing. I even tried to call him once, but he didn't pick up. It made me both anxious and worried.

When it was around lunchtime, I went onto my Instagram to distract myself from my spinning thoughts. I checked my feed before clicking on the 'discover' button. Big mistake. There were pictures of Timmy and Lily everywhere. Pictures of them at the mall, pictures of them at a bakery, pictures of them in the streets. They were absolutely everywhere.