Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The next following days turned out pretty much the same

The next following days turned out pretty much the same. I went to my work while mom and Nicole went to their work, and I stayed at the house when I either was free or had a late shift. Those days I was alone, I spent almost all my time in front of the television in the living room.

Just like the rest of the house, the living room didn't fail to outshine. The first thing you saw when entering the room was the massive, white couch that took up almost half of the area. In front of it, they had a whiteboard that displayed everything you wanted to watch thanks to the projector in the ceiling. They had a big flatscreen that you could watch on as well if you didn't want to bother with the projector. Since I personally had more experience with flatscreens, I always chose to watch on it.

One morning when I was home alone, I brought my bowl of cereal and milk to the living room and turned on the massive flatscreen to watch a movie. I had my sweatpants and a large sweatshirt on to make it as cozy as possible. Then I enjoyed my entire morning like that in front of the TV.

I didn't even remember the last time I had a morning similar to that. When I was home, I usually spent all my time in my bedroom because our living room was a shithole. It smelt weird, and the couch was so uncomfortable that I sometimes considered sitting on the floor instead because there was no difference.

That room was the only room I didn't like in our house, though. The rest of it was pretty cozy. I had nothing against the fact that it wasn't perfect because it was still the house I had lived in since I was born.

It was now Saturday and I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating quite a late breakfast. It was almost eleven in the morning and I was still in my pyjamas that consisted of a pink, loose t-shirt and a pair of shorts in the same pink color. I had one foot on the chair I was sitting on with my leg pulled to my chest while the other was splayed under the table.

My hair was probably tousled from sleep, but I figured no one would care anyway. I was home alone since mom and Nicole were out grocery shopping. Apparently, Timothée was coming home tomorrow morning, so they wanted to fill up the fridge until then.

As I munched on my cereal while scrolling through my Instagram feed, I heard the door opening in the hall. I didn't think twice about it considering it had to be mom and Nicole, but when it wasn't followed by any voices, I started getting confused.

"Uh, hello?"

I turned around abruptly in my seat, almost falling to the floor in the process. And let me tell you, that would have been ugly. My gaze wandered from the person's feet and upwards. The person had a white pair of sneakers on, a pair of light grey sweatpants and a big, black sweatshirt. When my gaze found the person's face, my mouth fell open. Oh, God no.

"I... You... What?" I spluttered, my eyes widened.

Timothée was standing in the doorframe, scratching the back of his neck. His curls were framing his beautiful face perfectly, and as usual, his face was flawless with no error whatsoever in sight. Now I definitely must be dreaming.