Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I barely slept a wink that night, and I figured that was because I had been so close to Timmy yet so far away

I barely slept a wink that night, and I figured that was because I had been so close to Timmy yet so far away. I couldn't stop thinking about how much I missed him. Neither, I couldn't stop thinking about Aden. There was so much going on right now that made it impossible for my brain to relax.

One thing I concluded after that night, however, was that the phone call I had with Timmy did not make it easier for me to get over him. If anything, it only made me think of him even more, which was not my goal.

Therefore, I told myself that I couldn't talk to him during the rest of the week he was away. If he wanted to talk, we would keep it to texting and not hearing each other's voices because that wasn't healthy for me.

As for Aden, we hung out three more times that week. One day, he surprised me at work when my shift was over. He insisted we go for a walk before I headed home. The day after that, he invited me over to his place where we made dinner together and watched a movie before I headed back home. Then we didn't hang out until Saturday, the first day that week I was free from work. He asked me if I wanted to go out shopping with him, and who was I to say no to that?

I liked spending time with him. He was such a laid back person, and it was easy to talk to him. There was never one single moment that was awkward between us, and that made me want to hang out with him more. However, I still wasn't sure how I really felt for him, if I wanted to be more than just friends, that is. I assumed only time could decide that.

He had tried to hint at the fact that he wanted to kiss me, though. There were times when he intentionally reached over me to grab something on the other side of me and came a little too close to be comfortable. I could feel the vibes of what he wanted, but I always acted like I didn't understand and played it off. I was quite positive he was starting to figure out that I was holding back, though, but I didn't care. I couldn't kiss someone when I wasn't sure about my feelings for them because I didn't want him to get the wrong idea if it turned out I didn't want to be more than friends.

During the entire week, I ended up managing to keep it to only texting Timmy. He did insist on talking over the phone once after that evening, but I told him I was too tired. Even if I wanted to hear him explain how the audition went, I couldn't risk falling back to stage one of moving on from him.

However, he did text me that the audition went well, despite the fact that he had been a little nervous. He told me that he had unconsciously gone into his acting mode and that he listened to my advice by imagining it was like any other audition. I was glad that I had been able to help him, even if I thought my advice was pretty shitty.

After that day, I even tried texting him less because I noticed that the less I talked to him in any kind of way, the less I thought of him. It was a stupid and selfish decision to make since I still wanted to be friends with him despite this disaster with my feelings, but I needed to do whatever I could to make it easier for them to go away.