Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I lied awake that night as well, even if I was in Aden's arms this time

I lied awake that night as well, even if I was in Aden's arms this time. I just couldn't stop thinking about what had happened at the cafe that afternoon. The way Timmy had told the girl working the cash register that he wished he was dating me, but also the fact that the girl thought we would make a cute couple. What topped both of them, though, was what she had told me when we were about to exit the cafe.

"I'd love to have someone like him look at me the way he does at you. You are aware of how lucky you are, right?"

I didn't know what to think of that. I was pretty sure she must have been blind, though, because there was no way he looked at me any differently from how he looked at everybody else. I mean, he had even called her 'love'. She should be gushing over the way he was treating her instead.

Besides, Timmy had always appreciated my company, always listened intently to what I had to say, so I was sure she had just misunderstood it all.

I could tell Aden noticed that I had trouble sleeping because he kept running his fingers along my stomach under my shirt reassuringly. He was spooning me, something I had always found comfortable. It was different tonight, though, and I couldn't put my finger on whether it was because I couldn't sleep or because I had met Timmy today.

I hoped for the prior because the last thing I wanted was for things to change between me and Aden just because I had met Timmy again. That was what couldn't happen.

In the end, sleep finally took over and I drifted off, leaving my thoughts for me to deal with later.

Once I woke up, the first thing I noticed was that Aden wasn't beside me anymore. It made me frown until I heard the sound of the coffee dripping in the coffee machine in the kitchen. Reaching over to grab my phone, I noticed that I shouldn't be surprised that he was already up because it was already ten to eight in the morning and I started working at eight-thirty.

"Shit," I swore to myself, getting up to quickly brush my hair and tie it in a ponytail. I then changed into a baggy sweatshirt along with a pair of blue jeans before jogging to the kitchen where Aden was already sitting.

He had placed a bowl and a spoon on the table in front of the seat across from him, along with my box of cereal and a package of milk. My eyes widened in surprise. "Wow, thank you so much. How did you know I was in a hurry?"

He shrugged his shoulders, flashing me a smile. "I could tell by how fast you were moving around in the bedroom, so I figured I'd help you as best as I could," he winked.

"You're awesome."

He let out a light chuckle as he shook his head. "How was it to meet Timothée yesterday?" He wondered curiously.

That was one thing I liked about Aden. He was never the jealous type of guy. Instead, he was always so understanding and caring. "It was good. We had a lot of things to catch up on," I told him honestly.