Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I asked Aden to drive me to my parents' house that evening, telling him that I just needed to have some time alone, which was nothing but true

I asked Aden to drive me to my parents' house that evening, telling him that I just needed to have some time alone, which was nothing but true. After this evening with meeting Timmy, my thoughts were all over the place.

During the car ride, Aden asked me how I felt about meeting him again. As mentioned before, I hadn't Aden about my feelings for the movie star, but he still knew that Timmy meant a lot to me, so I understood why he asked. I replied that I was shocked since I hadn't seen him in eight months, but that I was still glad about it.

Truth be told, I didn't know how I felt. I had missed Timmy so much during these past few months - there was no denying that. The thing was, I didn't know if it made things better to see him again. Sure, I was happy when it turned out it was actually him outside the restaurant, but none of it changed anything.

Aden was my boyfriend now, and just because Timmy was back again, telling me that he had broken up with Lily didn't mean I was going to break up with Aden and try getting together with him. There was no way I was going to put myself in that situation again.

Now, I was pretty sure Timmy never even developed those feelings he said he was for me, so I would just be walking into another trap if I decided to do so anyway. Besides, I really liked Aden, and I didn't want to fuck things up between us. I was just afraid that meeting Timmy again would mess things up because I knew how weak I was for him.

These thoughts kept me awake that night. My eyelids didn't even feel heavy because of how fast my mind was spinning. It took me at least three hours until I finally drifted off to sleep, and even if I eventually did, I didn't sleep peacefully during the entire night. I tossed and turned, waking up at least five times.

When I woke up in the morning, mom and dad had already left for work, which I was happy about. I wanted as much time alone as I could get. To be honest, I didn't even feel like going to work. I just wanted to stay in my room all day, watching a movie, reading a book, or something similar to it. Was I that lucky, though? No.

When I opened my closet, the first thing my eyes caught sight of was the purple hoodie. It was hanging right in front of me, and I didn't think twice until I reached out to grab it.

No matter how many times I tried to convince myself that I didn't want to see Timmy again, it didn't work. Even if I tried telling myself that it would only make things worse for me and my damaged heart, I couldn't persuade myself that it would be better not to meet him today. I really wanted to, even if I shouldn't.

I brought the hoodie to my nose, inhaling the soft fabric. It still smelt of him, but only slightly. His scent was starting to fade away. I hated myself for doing this. I didn't want to miss him as much as I still did. I wanted to be free from these feelings and engage my entire heart to Aden.