Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Aden and I went to a cozy café on the other side of the city that afternoon

Aden and I went to a cozy café on the other side of the city that afternoon. He told me that it was one of the best places he had ever been to and that their pastries were amazing. Since it was only four in the afternoon, neither of us wanted to eat a real meal, so that was how we ended up at the place.

We had a really good time, talking about everything from work to friends and memories. The pastries turned out to be delicious too. I settled for a cinnamon bun since they were my favorite, and even if they didn't beat my work's cinnamon buns, they were close enough.

It was not until it started turning dark outside that I even thought of what time it was. Aden and I were so engrossed with our conversation that we had lost track of it. So, when I noticed it was already six in the afternoon, I told him that it was probably time to leave.

He didn't mind at all. He just got up from his seat and led me out of the café, opening the car door for me before getting into the driver's seat. The ride back to the house was quiet at first until he broke it.

"Do you think Timothée is going to be mad when you get home?" He wondered, slight worry lacing his voice.

I pursed my lips as I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, to be honest. I haven't witnessed him being mad enough to have learned how he reacts in these situations, but I don't think he'll be that bad."

He nodded his head slowly. "I'm just asking because I don't want you to get in trouble for something I caused. If he's mad at you, it is because of me."

I shook my head vigorously. "No, not. It's not. I was the one who agreed to this. I could have said no and gone home with him, but I wanted to hang out with you."

His lips twitched in a smile, his eyes still on the road. "Is he always this overprotective over you?"

I closed my eyes, a smile creeping to my face too. "It happens, yes. I don't know why, though," I told him honestly.

He turned to meet my gaze for a split second. "I'm quite sure it is because he cares. I only met him for a couple of minutes, but it was clear that he didn't want you to get in trouble."

Letting out a sigh, I threw my head back against the headrest. Honestly, I didn't want to talk about Timmy when I was with Aden. He was supposed to be the person making me stop thinking about him, but we couldn't avoid this topic apparently.

"I know he cares. I just wish he wouldn't act like he thinks he can control me and my doings. I am my own human being with my own free will. He can't make my decisions for me," I muttered, recalling the time he had stopped me from kissing James at Ansel's party.

"I understand," he said calmly. "I'm sure things will get better once he understands that I'm not going to hurt you, though," he chuckled, making me roll my eyes.