Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I didn't even have time to register it until Dylan was gone, and I had no idea where he went at all

I didn't even have time to register it until Dylan was gone, and I had no idea where he went at all. I felt a little more panicked because of that. If he wasn't going to stay by my side, then who would tonight?

"Hey Timmy, I'm gonna go talk to some friends. See you later," Lily said, kissing his lips before walking off. She disappeared into the crowd of people as fast as Dylan had done.

When I turned to Timmy, his eyes found mine. "Are you okay, Jules?" He asked, worry lacing his voice.

Of course he noticed that I wasn't feeling alright. Why wouldn't he out of people do so?

I bit my lip, shrugging. "I just feel like I don't fit in. Don't tell me it's lame, I already know it is," I said, looking away from him.

He shook his head, reaching up to grip my face so I was looking into his eyes again. "It's not lame. I understand why you feel that way, but I don't think you should. You do fit in even if you don't feel like it. Come on, let's go meet some friends of mine. I'll show you," he encouraged me, taking my hand to pull me further into the house.

I wanted to disagree with him, but I realized he was right. I wouldn't get anywhere if I stayed at the entrance all night. So, I followed him into the living room and the crowd of people until we got to a couch where a few guys were sitting. Thankfully, Ansel was one of them.

"Timmy!" They all cheered when they caught sight of him, reaching out their hands to greet him or fistbump with him. "Sit down, man. Sit down," they ordered, scooting over on the couch to make room for him.

"This is my friend Julie," he said, gesturing me to sit down before he did.

I smiled at the people who looked at me. "Hey," I greeted, feeling awkward.

"Hey Julie," Ansel said, flashing me a wink from the other side of the couch. He was sitting with his arm around his girlfriend Violetta.

I grinned at him before turning to Timmy who was reaching out to grab a bottle of beer. "You want something?" He asked as he popped it open.

Shaking my head, I bit my lip. "No, I'll wait until later."

"Alright," he said, taking a swig from the beer.

He introduced me more personally to the guy sitting next to us. He had blonde hair and a pair of ocean blue eyes. It wouldn't surprise me if he was famous, but I didn't recognize him, which was a good thing. I didn't want to feel more uncomfortable than I already did.

After a while, I found out his name was James, and he was an actor just like Timmy, but he hadn't had a big part of a movie yet.

"So, how do you guys know each other?" James wondered, flicking his gaze between me and Timmy.