Chapter 17

Timmy actually stayed true to his words when he said that nothing was going to change between us. He still ate breakfast with me every morning and spent time with me those days I was free from work. And, he still made me smile and laugh whenever we spent time together. I couldn't be happier about that.

The only thing I noticed that had changed was the fact that he always kept a distance between us. He never sat beside me on the couch when we were watching a movie anymore, and he never walked around without a shirt on.

He also avoided any type of contact between our bodies. I couldn't help but feel sad and disappointed about that, but I shouldn't be surprised. I was happy he still wanted to spend time with me after that stupid mistake I made.

I was positive he hadn't told anyone about it, though, not even Lily because she treated me just as nicely as she had always done. I had told neither of mom or Dylan about it because I was so ashamed of what I had done. I wanted to blame it all on the alcohol, but I hadn't even been that intoxicated, so I knew I couldn't.

Thankfully, we had managed to find Dylan at the party before the cab had pulled up outside the gates, so we left the place together, all four of us.

The day after that, I had driven Timmy to Ansel's house so he could get his car. During the entire ride, we didn't speak a word. Things were pretty stiff between the two of us at the beginning after what happened, but it only got better the more time that passed since the incident.

It was now two weeks after Ansel's party, and I was exiting the bakery after a finished shift. It had been two months since mom and I moved out of the house, and I missed it more and more each day that passed by, even if living at Timmy's and Nicole's was great. Honestly, I think the mere reason was that I missed dad. I hadn't gone this long without seeing him since I was born.

That was why I found myself heading to my old home once I had pulled out of the parking lot. I was probably not thinking clearly, but I couldn't help myself. Maybe it was finally time to give my dad the chance to explain himself for what he did.

With that in mind, I drove to my childhood home in silence. I didn't even turn the radio on because I was so caught up in my thoughts. Once I pulled over outside the building, I could feel my heart pick up its pace. It felt like I hadn't been here in months, yet it was only a couple of weeks ago. It was like I didn't know this place anymore.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I mustered up enough courage to get out of the car and go ring the doorbell. It felt strange to ring the bell, but it also felt like it was the right thing to do now that I didn't live here any longer.

My heart was beating so fast that I could practically hear it when the door opened from the person on the other side. The man who looked like a man-version of me came into sight, his eyes widening the second he saw who it was in front of him.