Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I lied awake that night as well

I lied awake that night as well. I couldn't stop thinking about what had taken place during that evening in the bathroom. How could I have let myself down like that? The only thing I had promised myself before going to the party was that nothing was going to happen. I was going to be with Aden the entire night, and that would stop anything bad from happening.

Or, so I thought.

I wanted to hit myself in the forehead repeatedly. How could I have been so dumb? Of course something like this would happen. I didn't have my feelings for Timmy in control. It was predictable that I was going to fuck things up eventually.

But why was I doing this to myself when I knew that I was just going to go back to being that heartbroken girl again? Why was I hurting myself when I had a boyfriend who really liked me? I should be thankful for him and not think about some other guy that had been in my life half a year ago. So, why was I still falling in the same old trap?

Because that was all it was. A trap. A trap that wouldn't lead me anywhere. I knew Timmy didn't like me. The only reason he had called me beautiful and wanted to kiss me was because he had been drunk off his ass. I mean, he even tripped and hurt himself. Moreover, he had almost fallen asleep on me.

So, how come that even though I knew this, I had still let him kiss me?

I guess that showed just how weak I was for him, and I hated myself for it. The sad part, though, was that I couldn't do anything about it. I wish I was able to turn the switch off so my feelings for him would disappear, but no, things weren't that easy.

Aden was lying in bed next to me. He had answered the phone when I called him, and when we had met up he asked me if I wanted to go home. "You look like a tired mess," he'd told me with a hint of humor in his voice. I had tried my best to flash him a smile in return, but I was sure it turned out as an ugly grimace.

I wanted to go home, though, more than anything. And we did after we found Dylan in the crowd of people. He wanted to stay - I was sure of it - but he didn't protest when we exited the house anyway. I made sure to earn Ansel's attention before we left, though. I gave him a thumbs-up to let him know that things were okay with Timmy. Or, at least as far as I knew. He returned the gesture with a smile on his face.

Then we went home, and that took us to where I was now. I hadn't said much to Aden before we went to bed. I was so disappointed in myself that I couldn't bring myself to utter a single word to him about anything. I felt so mean. I didn't deserve a guy like him, but I needed him, as selfish as that was.

I eventually fell asleep after a lot of thinking and contemplating, and I slept the entire night until I woke up in the morning. The first thing I realized was that Aden had already gone up, which meant that it must be pretty late. It was Sunday after all.