Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Since Timmy refused to be on the same team as me, it ended up being me and mom against him and Nicole

Since Timmy refused to be on the same team as me, it ended up being me and mom against him and Nicole. As mentioned before, mom wasn't very good at sports, while Nicole, on the other hand, was a former dancer and was very athletic thanks to that. It didn't make it easy for me to win over him, but somehow, mom and I managed to do so anyway, after a very even game.

During the entire time we played, I couldn't help but think of what Dylan had mentioned earlier about checking Timmy out for him too. Honestly, I think it was enough that only I did so because to say that he was attractive in that white sports outfit would be an understatement. He even had a white headband to prevent his curls from falling in his eyes, and God damn how hot it was.

I even had to force myself to look away one time to stop myself from drooling. It wasn't fair that he managed to pull off anything and still look as good as ever.

When we walked off the court, Timmy caught up with me with a frown between his eyebrows. "Why did you lie to me?"

I turned to meet his gaze. "I didn't lie to you. I meant it when I said I haven't played padel since middle school," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Judging by the shake of his head, he didn't believe that. "That can't be true. I mean, you even played for your mother."

I shot him a smile. "Maybe it's a natural gift. Just like you with your acting."

He rolled his eyes as he chuckled. Without saying anything, he left to join his mother who was turning in the rackets and the padel ball. When he was gone, mom walked up to me with a cheeky smile on her face.

"Your adoration for that boy can be seen from a mile away."

My mouth fell open by her words. "No, it cannot," I refused. "I mean, he is attractive but it's nothing more than that, mom. Gosh."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever you say, love."

I flashed her a glare before leaving her to go into the changing rooms. With quick motions, I discarded my sweaty clothing and hopped into the showers. I wanted to be finished showering before mom and Nicole entered the changing room because I didn't want them to wait for me a second time this day, and knowing myself, I usually took some time to get changed.

Mom and Nicole entered the room five minutes later, the second I was about to turn the water off. After wrapping myself in my towel, I joined them in the room. They turned to me when I entered, both of them wearing surprised looks on their faces.

"You've already finished showering?" Nicole asked, to which I nodded.

"Yeah, I figured I needed more time than you to get changed, so I thought hurrying into the shower was a good idea," I explained.

Nicole waved a hand in dismissal. "You shouldn't have worried about that. We weren't even waiting for long before. You take the time you need, love," she smiled.