Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The day Timmy was coming back had arrived at last

The day Timmy was coming back had arrived at last. It felt like it was more than a week ago he left. I would say at least a month. I was dreading it all, though, because I hadn't talked to him in four days now, and my nerves were on top. I wondered how I would react to meeting him again, now that I had started seeing Aden.

It was Tuesday, and I had a free day from work, so I was lying on the couch in the living room, zapping between different channels on the television. Mom and Nicole had gone to work in the morning, so I was alone. It was something I usually found quite relaxing, but not today, when I was a nervous wreck. My head was spinning like crazy, and it was exhausting. I'd rather have someone here with me so I could get on other thoughts.

Since Aden was at work too, I couldn't talk to him either. Therefore, I eventually concluded that I didn't have any other choice but to deal with my thoughts alone today.

I was just about to give up on finding something interesting to watch when I heard the front door opening in the hall. My heart instantly stopped beating, my mouth falling open. Was Timmy supposed to be here already?

In a quick motion, I got up from the couch and walked to the hall, where I noticed to my great surprise that yes, he apparently was. I found myself gawking at his figure as he fumbled with getting his jacket and shoes off. He hadn't even realized I was in the same room yet.

He was wearing his dark purple hoody that I loved so much and a pair of black sweatpants. His black headphones were around his neck, and his hair looked slightly disheveled from the flight I assumed, considering it was falling in stripes. Nevertheless, he looked gorgeous. He was always gorgeous. It was like he was born to always look great no matter what.

I was still staring at him when he finally lifted his gaze, his eyes falling on me. Instantly, a smile broke out on his features as he took in my appearance. It took at least one minute until either of us moved or did anything but look at each other. He broke the staring-contact by spreading his arms out.

That was when I first could feel myself smiling, and I didn't hesitate to walk over to wrap my arms around his slender body. I wanted to bury my face in his neck, but his damned headphones were in the way, so I took them off as he enveloped me in his arms, my body disappearing in his big hoody.

He buried his face in my neck too, and there we were, just breathing each other in and catching up on lost time. I loved every second of it. Honestly, I had no idea how much I had missed him when he was away. It wasn't until now I realized just how much it was. I never wanted to let him go.

It was at that moment I also realized how much I liked him, how much I needed him and how much I wanted to be with him. It was overwhelming. Here I had been going this entire week, thinking I was starting to move on from him. It was almost laughable.