Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Timmy and I stayed there on my bed even after we were done talking about our dads

Timmy and I stayed there on my bed even after we were done talking about our dads. He didn't fail to make me laugh this time either, and I didn't know what it was, but I loved his company. He made me feel so warm inside, and the smile never really left my face.

It wasn't until we started talking about childhood memories that I thought of something I wanted to bring up. "You went to the MS 54 Booker T. Washington school, didn't you?"

His eyes widened by my words. "I knew you already knew things about me before we got to know each other, but I didn't know it was on this level."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I didn't google it, Timmy. I'm not that desperate to get to know everything about you," I joked, rolling my eyes.

He was still lying on his stomach, but instead of lying at my feet, he was right beside me. He swatted my arm when I told him this. "Hey, now I'm offended."

I poked my tongue out at him, to which he laughed. "Anyway, I was asking because I went to the same school," I explained, winking at him.

He stared at me in shock, his mouth hanging open. "You did not."

I nodded my head, chuckling. "I'd rather not, but if I have to, I can show you my school pictures to prove myself."

He shook his head slowly. "How do you even remember this? I was a real nobody at that time," he said, still shocked by this new fact.

"Because you were two years older than me, and even if we were young, I guess older boys were always interesting," I shrugged, making him narrow his eyes at me.

"Are you telling me you were attracted to me?" He wondered, a smile threatening to take over his features.

My mouth formed the shape of an 'o'. "No. I was just saying because my friends at the time thought you and your friends looked good, alright?" I huffed, looking away from him.

He didn't let this slip, though. Instead, he started teasing me about it. "Julie thought I was prettyyyy. How cute is that?" He gushed, and now it was my turn to hit him in the arm.

"Shut up. I never even said that," I groaned."Besides, we were kids. We didn't know any better than to like older guys."

He pouted his lips at me. "I think it's adorable anyway. I'm never going to forget about this."

No, he would most likely pester me about it every chance he got if I knew him right. Glaring at him, I crossed my arms over my chest and pursed my lips. He laughed at my reaction and tried to gain my attention by tilting his head to the side and looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Alright. I'm sorry, Julie. I'm not going to hold it against you, I promise."

I turned to look at him, still not forgiving him. When he noticed I was still glaring at him, he shook his head in amusement. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to go see a movie with me tonight?"