Chapter 35

Chapter 35

The next couple of days passed by quickly - almost too quickly - until it was Saturday

The next couple of days passed by quickly - almost too quickly - until it was Saturday. I had really tried getting my thoughts together and come up with a final decision about what I should do about my situation. If I wanted to keep Timmy in my life while knowing that I was going to hurt when being around him, or if I should let him go and only focus on my and Aden's relationship without having to bother about my feelings for another guy.

It hadn't gone well. I still didn't know what to do, and I doubted the party was going to make things easier for me, even if I hoped so.

The party was taking place tonight, though, and I didn't have any more time to think until it was happening. I was currently pulling my glittery, black dress on. It ended right beneath my knees and hugged my curves perfectly. I just hoped Aden would like it as well.

I fixed my make-up after that, applying a little more than usual because I really wanted to dress up for this party. I wanted to fit in as well, but I knew wearing more make-up would probably not help with that considering how I felt the first time I went to Ansel's place.

Once I was ready, I walked into the living room where Aden was sitting, wearing a navy blue button-up and a pair of black, skinny jeans. His curls were perfectly styled, something I noticed when our eyes locked.

I could see that he was examining me judging by the way his eyes raked my body. I almost felt a little insecure until a smile formed on his lips. "You look really great, Julie," he said, getting up from the couch to walk over to me.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself," I commented, flashing him a wink.

He was now standing in front of me, his hands on my hips. He leaned down to press feathery kisses to my neck, his curls tickling my skin. "I could just stay here all evening instead," he hummed.

I let out a light chuckle, taking a step back. "Come on, let's go. Dylan's waiting on us."

His lips formed a pout, but he obliged nevertheless and followed me to the hall to put on our outdoor clothing. Before I could reach for the door handle, Aden grabbed my hand to pull me back.

I didn't even have time to think until his lips were on mine, moving softly and carefully. It didn't last more than a few seconds, but it was still nice.

When he pulled away, he had a smile on his lips. "You really do look beautiful. I'll have to keep an eye on you during the whole night," he winked, making me roll my eyes.

Together, we left the apartment and hopped into his car to drive off towards Dylan's place. Aden had insisted on driving, saying that he didn't need to drink anyway. I was surprised at first, but felt slightly proud of him, knowing that I was together with a responsible man.