Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Timmy wants to meet you," I told Dylan when we had been working for a couple of hours

He was standing at the coffee machine while I was at the cash register. When I said these words, I could hear something drop to the floor. Turning around, I noticed that it was the lid of the coffeepot.

His eyes were focused on me, though, and his mouth was hanging open. "What did you just say?"

I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my face. I knew he would react similarly to this. "Yeah, he told me this morning that he thinks you seem like an awesome guy," I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. I knew it was to him, though. It was just fun to see his reaction.

He shook his head in disbelief. "But I thought you weren't talking to him?"

Letting out a sigh, I bit my bottom lip. "I wasn't, but he made me realize that I was selfish for ignoring him since he hasn't done anything wrong. I mean, how was I supposed to know that I was hurting him?" I wondered, a little desperation lacing my voice.

He reached his hand up in a sign for me to stop talking. "Wait a second. What have I missed?"

I informed him of what happened this morning, how Timmy had told me that it was affecting him too when I was shutting him out, and how I should start realizing that I was capable of being loved and cared about. Then I returned to what I had initiated the conversation with: the fact that Timmy wanted to meet him.

"I'm so happy you finally realized what an ass you were for ignoring him like that," he told me. "But I find it hard to believe that he'd want to meet me."

"Well, that's what he said," I told him truthfully. "Then it's up to you if you want to believe it or not."

He didn't say anything to that. Instead, he bit his lip and picked up the lid of the coffeepot from the floor while muttering something incomprehensible. We continued working then. I served the customers while he made all the work behind, like washing the dishes, for example.

It was around four in the afternoon when two people I didn't recognize entered the bakery. Well, I didn't at first, at least, because both of them were wearing sunglasses. The first guy who stepped into the building had bronze-colored hair styled into a quiff, and the second had brown, curly hair. It was when I saw the second guy that I first recognized the two of them, and my heart instantly stopped beating.

My eyes were wide when they took their sunglasses off and their faces were revealed. It was Timmy and Ansel Elgort.

"Hey, Jules," Timmy smiled, walking over to the counter where I was standing with Ansel by his side.

It was a good thing the bakery was empty. Otherwise, it would've been chaotic right now. Just as chaotic as my insides.

"How did you find this place?" I asked him, my mouth still hanging open.