Chapter 11

If you haven't watched Little Women, there is a spoiler in this chapter!

-

Chapter 11

I looked at him as if he were stupid because judging by appearance, I had been quite into the movie, to say the least

I looked at him as if he were stupid because judging by appearance, I had been quite into the movie, to say the least. "I think my face speaks for it," I muttered, looking away from him.

He laughed, sitting down on the couch beside me. "Well, I admit that it's hard not to get emotional while watching it," he said, giving me a reassuring smile.

I let out a groan, burying my face in my hands. "I can't believe you didn't even care how sad Jo was when you told her you'd married Amy. Like, she was so heartbroken and you didn't give a damn even if you told her she was the love of your life," I said in frustration.

His lips twitched at my words. "First off, it wasn't me, it was Laurie. And if I had written the movie script, things would've ended differently too."

I pouted my lips. "But it's so sad. The story builds up Laurie and Jo's relationship so much, and then he goes and marries her sister? It doesn't make sense, and what kind of shitty destiny is that?"

Chuckling lightly, he reached out to wrap an arm around my shoulders. My body instantly froze by his touch. What was he doing? He was sitting way too close for my heart to beat normally and for me not to freak out inside. I could feel his body heat through all of our clothes, that was how close he was. It surprised me that he didn't mention anything about my reaction because, inside me, I was both exploding and hyperventilating.

"It is a shitty destiny, I agree, but that's what I think is the charm with the movie. Everything doesn't always go as planned, and sometimes things you don't expect happen."

I could feel an electric shock go through my heart by his words. Was he still talking about the movie or something else? When I turned to glance at the side of his face, he was looking at a spot across the room with a small smile on his face. Judging by that, I decided it was a question only he could answer. I should probably not get my hopes up for nothing, though. Besides, what I felt for him was only an attraction.

Shaking the thoughts out of my mind, I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm getting tired, Tim."

"Yeah, we should probably head home. It's getting late," he agreed, unwrapping his arm from around me.

The second he wasn't touching me anymore, I instantly felt the loss. It was like a feeling you enjoyed so much that you never wanted it to end, but it needed to, unfortunately. We walked out of the cinema, and I was thankful that there weren't any people out here now either. They were probably satisfied with what they got while I was waiting for Timmy earlier.

We got into his car, and he pulled out of the parking lot. This time, he turned on the radio at a low volume, much to my satisfaction. My head was starting to hurt from how tired I was getting and I was sure loud music would not help with that.