Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Days passed, weeks passed and months passed by until it had been half a year since I last saw him

Days passed, weeks passed and months passed by until it had been half a year since I last saw him. A lot of things happened in my life during that time. I moved back into my previous home with mom and dad. It honestly felt like we had never even left the place, that was how familiar everything became in a very short time.

Aden and I grew closer and closer during these past few months. He made it easier not to think of him. In fact, I never thought of him when I was with Aden anymore. It only happened at times when I was alone. However, that didn't mean I had forgotten about him. Even if I didn't want to admit it, I knew he was always there in the back of my mind.

Since Aden and I had grown closer and finally made our relationship official, we were already planning on moving in together. I slept over at his place most of the nights anyway, so we figured I'd better just move there. It was probably time for me to move out anyway.

Dylan was happy that I had come to the point where I could picture myself being together with someone else but him. He knew that I wasn't with Aden just to make myself forget, but because I actually liked him. I had a feeling he knew that because Aden was already there when he was still a part of my life.

Now, I couldn't deny the fact that I didn't love Aden as much as I loved him, but I was working on it every day. It took time to get over someone you loved so deeply, but I was positive my feelings for Aden would get there in time.

Mom and dad were happy together again, and that made me so happy for them. I never thought they would be able to go back to loving each other as they had done after what happened, but I was glad they did. Now I didn't need to feel guilty for leaving mom to be with Aden. It would have been different if we lived alone, just the two of us.

As for Nicole, I had talked to her a few times since we moved out. Honestly, though, I tried not to because my heart ached whenever I did. Not because I knew she lived alone - she told me she had started seeing another man - but because she reminded me of him, that he still existed somewhere out there.

She would talk about him sometimes too, telling me how things were with him. Dylan had informed me things about him as well, that he was coming out with another movie soon, for example. I turned quiet whenever people brought him up, and I wasn't sure if they could tell I didn't want to hear, or if they thought I was quiet because I was listening. I never initiated a conversation about him, though.

I was currently getting ready for a morning shift at the bakery. Aden was already in the kitchen, charging the coffee machine when I got there. He turned to me when he heard me entering, a smile on his face.

"Good morning, sunshine," he beamed.

"Morning," I greeted, returning the smile.

I made myself a bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice - not being a big fan of coffee - before sitting down at the kitchen table. Aden joined me a few seconds later, a ham sandwich and a cup of coffee with him.