Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"Earth to Julie

"Earth to Julie. Hello, can you hear me?"

I pulled myself back to reality and turned my head to see Aden hovering over me. "What?"

A smile formed on his lips. "You zoned out on me. I was just saying that I'm here with our drinks. I'm going back to get the food. They said it'll be ready in a few," he informed me.

"Oh, okay. Go ahead. I'm not going anywhere," I told him, making him chuckle.

"You sure about that?"

Rolling my eyes, I averted my gaze back towards the window. He left me again to go wait for the food by the counter, and I was back to being alone with my thoughts.

I couldn't help but feel disappointed about the fact that I had been imagining it all. I really thought it was him. I was so sure. I could have sworn it was his face. Everything was consistent with how I pictured him in my head. His smooth skin, his dark curls that were sticking out from the hat, and his lanky body.

My heart was now hurting instead. It felt just like it did when he left me all those months ago. I was so broken, and I thought I wouldn't have to feel like that again. At least not now when I had come so far. I thought it was over. I thought I had gotten out of it. I thought I didn't love him so much anymore. I assumed I was wrong, though.

"Julie, is it actually you?"

My head turned so fast I was sure I had whiplash. My mouth fell open when I caught sight of the person standing at the table. No, no, no. What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I stop picturing him in front of me? Fuck, there must really be something wrong with my head. Why the fuck couldn't I just stop hallucinating?

"Come on, Julie. Wake up," I groaned to myself, hitting myself in the head repeatedly.

The person looking just like him furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Hey, stop that, Julie. What are you doing?"

He reached over to wrap his hand around my wrist to stop my actions, and the second our skin touched, I knew that I wasn't imagining it. He was actually here. It wasn't a dream, and it wasn't someone else.

It was Timmy.

I stared at his face. He had now taken off those black sunglasses so I could see his emerald green eyes, his sharp jawline, his small nose, his chocolate brown curls, the few freckles on his nose, his pouty lips and damn, those eyes.

I didn't know how to react, but it felt like I couldn't control myself when I got up from my seat to almost throw myself at him. He wasn't ready for my action, so we both almost fell to the floor in the process. His arms wrapped around me when he finally realized what was happening, and I promised I had never hugged someone so tightly in my entire life.