Chapter 24

Chapter 24

At the same time the cookies were finished, mom and Nicole arrived at home

At the same time the cookies were finished, mom and Nicole arrived at home. Nicole went straight up to Timmy, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug. There were no words needed. They were aware of how much they had missed each other, even if he had only been away for a week.

Mom greeted Timmy as well before noticing the cookies on the counter. "Oh, you made cookies?" She gushed, walking over to take a look at them. "Can I have one?"

My gaze fell on Timmy who had pulled out of the hug with his mom. I flashed him a knowing look because what if he actually did lick the spatula? I was positive mom wouldn't have wanted to get his germs into her body.

His lips twitched as he shook his head in amusement. "I wasn't the first one dunking my hand into the batter, though," he shrugged.

Mom turned to us with a suspicious look on her face. "Wait. What have you done with them?"

Both of us burst out laughing. "I'm positive they won't taste weird, mom," I said when I had collected myself.

She looked at me with narrowed eyes as she took a step closer to me. "Is that batter in your hair?" She asked, reaching out to touch some hair above my forehead.

"Maybe," I admitted slowly, biting the inside of my cheek.

She shook her head in amusement. "I think I'll leave these cookies for you two. Seems like you put your name on them before they were even finished."

Rolling my eyes, I looked over at Timmy who shrugged his shoulders. "That means more cookies for me."

Nicole let out a sigh, but she had an amused smile on her face. "You two should be put back into elementary school, I swear."

We all sat down at the kitchen table after that. Both Nicole and mom were curious about how LA had been, and if the flight had been okay. He told them almost the same story he did to me, but he never mentioned Saoirse by name. Only that he had met up with some friends.

"So, when are you getting informed whether you got the part or not?" Nicole wondered, curiosity in her eyes.

"In about a week, he said. He was going to have a few more auditions after me," Timmy explained.

Nicole nodded her head. "I'm sure you're going to get it. I can't imagine him wanting anyone else than you, sweetheart."

He rolled his eyes. "Mom, you can't say that," he groaned.

She let out a laugh. "Well, I'm positive that's the case, at least," she shrugged.

Her eyes then fell on me. "Oh, Timmy. Have you heard the news?" She wondered, a smile gracing her lips.

My heart instantly stopped beating. Was she going to say what I thought she was?

Timmy's eyebrows pulled together. "I don't know. What do you mean?" He wondered.