Chapter 25

Chapter 25

The next day when I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating breakfast, Timmy came trudging down the stairs in only his pair of grey sweatpants

The next day when I was sitting at the kitchen table, eating breakfast, Timmy came trudging down the stairs in only his pair of grey sweatpants. My mouth fell open at the sight because I hadn't seen him without a shirt on since before the kiss happened, and damn, I had missed it.

His curls were a mess on his head as he hopped down the stairs with a wicked smile gracing his pouty lips. The second he sat down in front of me, he ran his hands through his chocolate brown hair. "Good morning, Jules," he greeted, the smile never leaving his face.

My mouth was still open as I stared at him, taking in his features. After a few seconds, I pulled myself together and cleared my throat. "Uh, morning. Sleep well?" I wondered, a hesitant smile making its way to my face.

He tilted his head to the side. "Yeah, I slept like a princess," he said dreamily, making me roll my eyes.

"Where's the dress then?" I winked, to which he smiled.

"It's upstairs. Too pretty for you to see, you know?"

I let out a loud bark of laughter as I shook my head in amusement. "You're not eating breakfast today?" I asked, changing the subject. Sometimes he ate with me and sometimes he didn't, so I was curious what day it was today.

A cheeky smile formed on his lips. "Nah, I was thinking I could drive you to work today because I'm craving a bagel with creme cheese," he said, and you could practically see the hearts in his eyes.

My eyes widened at his words. Drive me to work? What did that come from? "You don't have to, Timmy. I can drive by myself. I--"

He rolled his eyes. "I insist. Besides, I'm going there anyway, so you might as well come with me," he shrugged.

With a sigh, I gave in. "Fine, you win."

His smile widened as he clapped his hands together. The next second, he looked down at his bare chest. "Right, I'm just gonna go change into some... clothes, I guess? I won't be long," he said as he got up from his seat and sprinted out of the room and back up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. I swore to God, that man was something else.

Once I was finished, I placed my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher before walking up the stairs myself. I needed to brush my teeth and tie my hair in a ponytail before leaving.

When I was ready to go, waiting in the hall with my sneakers and jacket on, Timmy still hadn't come down. "Timmy, I'm leaving if you aren't down in one minute!" I yelled through the house.

It didn't take more than ten seconds until I could hear running footsteps in the stairs, and then his figure appeared in the hall. "I'm here," he announced.