Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Everything went fast after that

Everything went fast after that. It felt like hours until Timmy was standing in the hall with his bags packed, saying goodbye to everyone, not an entire week. It was so hard to go along with it, knowing that we might not see each other again.

We hugged for a long time, so long that I lost track of time. It didn't matter, though, because if I could, I would stay there in his arms forever. When he tried to pull back a few minutes later, I tightened my arms around him, nuzzling my nose into the crook of his neck to savor his scent one last time.

Then he was gone.

It didn't take long after he left that I broke down, not being able to stop myself. Mom was there for me when it happened. She kept reassuring me that everything was going to be fine, and even if I didn't believe her, it felt good to hear her soothing words. It took me at least an hour until I had calmed down enough for her to be able to leave my room.

Ever since my and Timmy's kiss, my lips had been tingling from the feeling of his lips on mine, and I hadn't been able to stop thinking about it. It was the best kiss I had ever had, and even if I knew I would never experience it again, I was sure I was never going to forget how it felt.

It was now two weeks after Timmy had left, and the house had never felt so empty. I took every opportunity that occurred not to spend time in it, knowing it was only going to hurt me since most of the moments Timmy and I shared had played out there. Therefore, I spent much time at the bakery, staying over my shifts and coming in earlier, just like I had done when I was trying to avoid him a few weeks ago.

Dylan was there for me too. He hugged me when I told him what happened, and he kept reassuring me that everything was going to be fine, just like mom did. How could they be so sure about that, though? I mean, this was something I had never gone through before. What if I would never get over him?

It took me a while until I was able to talk to Aden after what happened. The first couple of days, I had just plain off ignored him because I didn't know how to deal with it. However, after a while, I came to my senses and texted him back, saying that something had occurred in the family.

He was understanding, just like he always was, and I admired him for that. He was someone I definitely didn't deserve after everything I had made him go through, but I was selfish enough to keep him in my life because he was one of the people who still made me feel like a person and not a living corpse. Moreover, I couldn't lose another person in my life right now.

I was currently sitting at the kitchen table, swirling the food on my plate with my fork. Mom was sitting beside me and Nicole was opposite us. We were all quiet, neither of us wanting to talk. Timmy's absence didn't only affect me, Nicole was sad too. Her second and last child had moved out of the house, after all.