Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Monday rolled around quickly, too quickly

Monday rolled around quickly, too quickly. Nicole and I were gathered in the hall, saying goodbye to Timmy before I even knew the word of it. He had his bags packed and his outdoor clothing on. He was only waiting for Lily to arrive.

I was standing a few feet away from him, watching him while he was hugging Nicole goodbye. They hugged for at least a minute until they let go. She whispered something inaudible to him, and he nodded his head before turning to me.

We stared at each other for at least ten seconds until he opened his arms and brought me in for a tight hug. I had never felt so safe in someone's embrace before. It felt like I belonged there, in his proximity and presence. I breathed him in, savoring his scent for the last time in a week. God, I was really going to miss him.

When we pulled away from each other, I had tears in my eyes. I couldn't help it, I was a sensible person. "Be careful in LA. It's quite big, you know?" I joked, but it came out as a sniffle.

He rolled his eyes even if his face showed sadness. "I'm sure I'm going to survive, Jules. You promise me you'll take care while I'm gone? I don't want you to put yourself in stupid situations, alright?"

I barely had the will-power to keep playing with him because all I wanted was to make him stay and never let him go. "I promise, dad."

He chuckled slightly, giving me another hug before letting go of me. "Bye, Julie. See you next week, alright?"

I nodded my head. "Bye, Timmy."

With that said, he turned around to open the front door, and as if on cue, Lily showed up right then. Before I knew the word of it, the front door shut close, and they were both gone.

It felt like the air had been pressed out of my lungs, and I didn't know what to do with myself. It was a good thing that I had a shift at work in an hour. Otherwise, I would have been overflowed with my own thoughts. Working at least meant I would have other things to think of than the fact that Timmy was away. I hoped.

Nicole left right after Timmy to go to her work. She had taken some time off today to say goodbye to him, so now it was time for her to leave too, which left me all alone. I didn't want to be alone right now. All I wanted was to be around people that I loved.

Therefore, I made myself a sandwich with ham and cheese, which I ate quickly before leaving early for work. I needed to go see Dylan as soon as possible before I drowned myself in my thoughts and started crying.

It was raining today again, which I shouldn't be surprised about since this day was already sad as it was. I drove to work with the radio on high volume to overwhelm my spinning mind, and soon enough, I was parking the car outside the bakery.

I quickly changed into my working clothes before joining Dylan and Felix behind the counter. Felix was my other co-worker, whom I was supposed to replace in half an hour when my shift originally started.