Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I sat there, my mouth hanging open as I desperately tried to take in what Timmy just said

I sat there, my mouth hanging open as I desperately tried to take in what Timmy just said. It was impossible. I couldn't picture it in front of me, how he packed his bags and left for good.

Only a few weeks ago, he had asked me if I was going to move back to my dad now that we were on good terms again. He said he didn't want me to, so why was he doing it? Didn't he understand that meant I didn't want him to move out either?

I had stopped moving when the words left his mouth, so when my head started spinning again, I could hear how my fork fell onto the plate with a loud clinking sound. Everyone's eyes turned to me, but mine were stuck on only one person; Timmy.

He didn't show any emotion for a second. His face was as drained from them as it had been this morning when he left the house. The worst part, though, was that he couldn't even look me in the eyes, and I was certain the reason behind his actions was that he knew I was looking at him.

"Wow, Timmy. That's... That's lovely news," Nicole said, trying to sound happier than I bet she was.

He turned to her, a smile spreading on his lips. "Yeah, we thought it was about time, so I'm moving into her apartment next week." He squeezed Lily's hand under the table and flashed her a wide smile, which she returned.

Next week? Was he joking? How could he make such a rapid decision? And without even talking to me about it first? I thought we were friends. I thought we told each other everything, especially important things like this.

"I'm sorry," I muttered as I pushed my chair out and got up from my chair. I could already feel tears welling up in my eyes. How could he do this?

Without another word, I left the kitchen, sprinted up the stairs and into my room where I slammed the door shut behind me. The second my face hit my pillow, tears started rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably.

After all these weeks we had spent together, had gotten to know each other and had so much fun together, he was just going to throw it all away like it meant nothing to him? Was this only because we almost kissed yesterday? If so, I was willing to take it all back and pretend nothing ever happened. I mean, nothing even did happen, so why was he doing this?

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. I knew it must be my mom because there was no one else that would want to talk to me right now.

The knocking stopped after a few seconds, and I could hear how the door handle turned. I didn't turn around to face the person, though.

"What do you want, mom?" I muttered against the pillow as I heard the door close.

"Julie," the person sighed, and I could instantly feel how every muscle tensed in my body. That was not the sound of my mom's voice.