chapter five.

Tweek - Wednesday Evening

Sitting in front of my PC, I have Discord open. I downloaded it years ago when Craig and I were closer when we used to play games together. Now, I just use it to look at what games my friends play. I stopped using it years ago, even earlier than when Craig and I broke up. It's really hard to see him move on without me, I lean back in my chair.

"Sweetie! Your dinner's ready, eat it when you want to!" My mom shouts, interrupting my thoughts.

"O-okay, mom!" I shout back, before looking back at the screen. Now? I just really want to call him, now that I know what happened. Clicking on our super old chat, I request a call.

"Tweek?"

He legit answered.

"H-hey Craig!"

"What's up, Tweekers?"

"I-I just r-really wanted to talk about something, gAh!"

"Oh okay, what did you want to talk about?"

I bite my lip, "I-I was just wondering if y-you wanted to tell me about you and C-Clyde?" It stays quiet for a while, "Craig?" I say, cautiously.

"Yeah?"

"A-are you gonna talk?"

"Fine- I think you already know about it, right?"

"Y-yeah... B-but that doesn't matter! gAh!"

"Okay then, I guess I was just pissed when Clyde said that behind my back," He sighs, audibly "I dunno, I guess I'm just sensitive about that."

"A-aw Craig."

"Heh," He chuckles, his audio cutting in the call. "Do you think I'm an emotionless piece of shit?"

Hesitating to open my mouth, I remain silent, "N-no."

"You hesitated."

"W-what?"

"You hesitated. You agree with Clyde."

"C-Craig- That's not what I meant."

"Goodnight Tweek."

Call ended.

Kenny - Wednesday Evening

"And then I hung up on him," Craig facepalms as I blow out smoke, "And now I realise what a dumbass move that was."

"Bro- Craig," I slap his shoulder, "You should stop overthinking everything, just talk to him tomorrow. Everything will be fine, chill."

"Easy for you to say," He rolls his eyes, raising his upper lip as he grins making my heart skip a beat, "How's home?" I shrug.

"The same, still struggling but I'm not in fourth grade," I laugh, "How's yours, Craigo?" We lock eyes.

"Couldn't be better, Kenny-o."

I snort, "Sure, Craigory."

"I'm gonna ignore that you just called me motherfucking Craigory," He punches my shoulder, "You failing any classes yet?" He asks me, raising his dark eyebrows.

"Barely passing Math, you?"

"Did you just ask me that?"

I roll my eyes, "I'm sorry 'I-have-a-higher-GPA-than-the-entirety-of-the-grade'," I sigh, looking up at the sky, "I wish we could sit here forever, just no drama, no school," Craig hums in agreement as he looks up at the sky, his hair flowing softly in the night breeze. Like it always does.

"Did you hear that the student council's organising a dance?" He looks at me.

"Are you going?"

"It depends."

"On what?"

"If you're going," He looks up again, his eyes lighting up with the moon as I just look at him. He probably thinks that I'm creepy, but he's just so- He clears his throat catching my attention, "So what it will be?" Craig smiles, still keeping his head raised to the stars.

"Sure, I'll go."

Craig - Wednesday Evening

Lost in deep thoughts, I hardly notice as I feel a soft, warm mass slowly place itself on my hand. As soon as I notice, I smile, "You're not as bad as everyone makes you out to be." Looking at him out of the corner of my eye, I notice a slight glimpse of a laugh.

"You too, Craig."

"Thanks, Ken."

It remains silent between us as the sky above us twinkles with stars. Intertwining our fingers, I let out an elongated sigh. Kenny's thumb softly caresses my hand as I close my eyes, swaying in the cold, still night.

"I think you need to head home," Kenny's voice sounds, flooding my thoughts, I nod. But, I don't move- I don't want to, "Craig?" I look down at our hands, before looking up at him. His light blue eyes nailing me hard as I let his hand go.

"Sure," I shrug, slowly lowering myself on the floor and trying not to apply pressure on my ankle, "Do you wanna walk with me?" Kenny beams and nods, his blonde hair dancing up and down, "Cool."

Walking next to Kenny on the empty roads, a cigarette in my hand. Kenny's boots crushing the leaves under them, his ambient humming and faint whispers of the wind. Can't help to look at him, my eyes drift towards him as he looks straight-ahead.

"You do know I can see you right?"

I roll my eyes, "That's the point, dork."

"Oh okay."

Snorting at his reaction, I grab his hand, "You never changed."

"Says you."

We laugh, "Man, I can't wait for our date."

"Ditto."