chapter sixteen.

Kenny - Tuesday Afternoon

I remember hanging out with the dudes, but now? I'm sitting next to Craig again, somewhere in the park. My arms somehow around his shoulders and the breeze rushing through my hair, I think I've been in a fever dream. A fucking trance, because I only remember being in the car and now being here. My head hurts too, what the fuck? "Woah- Ken, you good?" Craig asks me, "You look fucking pale, do you feel well?" I nod, telling him I'm fine.

"What the fuck did we do? Where are the guys? I'm so fucking confused," I tell him, "Did we go somewhere?" Craig grimaces as he looks off to the side, "Craig?" He runs his hand through my hair as he looks off in the distance.

"Kyle and Stan got into a fight, something about Heidi and about how Stan doesn't trust Kyle, anymore," Craig leans back, "Cartman actually tried stopping them for once, but it only made it worse. Eventually, they started actually fighting and now we're here."

"Why don't I remember?"

"You got knocked out trying to help Stan, Kyle punched you and you fainted," He traces my cheek, "I needed to get you out of there, so I carried you here, I don't know what happened to Kyle because when I went down to check on them, Stan was sitting at the pond and they were gone."

"Fuck, why is this all happening now?"

Craig shrugs, "I really didn't want to fucking fight, but Stan really fucking chased after Kyle as if it was his fault for wanting to move on," He looks at me and I see that he has a black eye, "I fought Stan, in other words."

"Jesus Christ- You're story's a lot cooler than mine," I laugh.

"Nah, I ran away," He hesitates, "Like always," Mumbling, he looks away.

"What?"

"Never mind," He stands up, "I really fucking hoped that today would be fun but I guess the day ended early, do you want me to bring you home?" I roll my eyes, "What?"

"Sit down, Craigory, this day isn't over yet," I pull him down onto the ground, laughing, "Party at Jake's, some dickbag out of the other class, you wanna fuck things up there tonight and do our "date" there?" Craig laughs. "Entire grade is coming, some juniors," I tell him, "Booze, music, food and friends, good stuff like that," I pat his head.

"Alright," Craig nods, "What are we doing until then?"

"We should probably look for Stan, Kyle, and Cartman."

"Good idea."

"Hey, not just a pretty face," I laugh.

"Fuck off-"

"I also have a huge dick," I wiggle my eyebrows, as Craig punches my shoulder, "Ouch! Fuck you," Craig helps me up on my feet and we walk down to the pond, only to see Stan skipping stones on the waters. Craig and I just hesitate, looking at Stan as he swears under his breath every time he throws a stone.

"Stan?" Craig clears his throat, Stan turns around. The pause grows and grows until Craig opens his mouth to speak again, "You good? Or do you still want to bring out your anger on those stones," Digging his hands in his pockets, Craig nods at the pile of flat pebbles next to Stan's feet.

"Nah, I think I'm fine," Stan says, passive-aggressively, "I just really want to take out my anger out on the fucking douchebag in front of me!" He throws a stone, landing in front of our feet. Craig isn't phased but I'm scared as fuck.

Craig - Tuesday Afternoon.

Act cool, act fucking cool. 

"That's nice," I try to agitate him, "We're tryna to find your fling and douchebag number three, wanna come with?" Stan visibly clenches his fists.

"While you two were making out up there, I got fucking bitch-slapped by Kyle," Stan scoffs, "I don't think you noticed but the entire world doesn't fucking revolve around you two."

"Whoa, keep me outta this," Kenny sticks his hands up, "I got knocked out cold, I have no fucking idea what happened in the past hours, dude." Spitting on the floor, Stan calls bullshit.

"No, you can't always back away," He moves closer, "If we were fucking friends, you wouldn't solve it this way."

"We didn't want to fight, Stan," I insist calmly, "But if you start chasing your best friend, that's where you need to fucking calm down," Kenny shakes his head at Stan, bitterly. 

"Last time I fucking checked, was that someone beat up someone's best friend because he hurt his feelings," Stan puts up his condescending voice, "Oh wait! Wasn't that you Craig? You legit have no authority to call me out on that."

"Sure, Stan, keep on placing yourself on the high-fucking-horse," I tilt my head, "Can't we just fucking make up? Bro, you legit stay at my house- And I really don't wanna kick you out, dude," I cross my fingers in my pockets.

"Fine, we both shut up, deal?" Stan sticks out his hand, "Craigory Tucker."

"Deal," I shake his hand, "Stanley Marsh."

"Let's find those fuckbags," Kenny celebrates, laughing, "And then we'll party tonight."

"Bet."

Kyle - Tuesday Afternoon

Nice, nice, nice. Scrolling through Instagram, Cartman calls me a jew three times before I finally look at him, annoyed. Cartman grins, "I just got a text from Craig that they're coming to pick us up," He shrugs, "Might as well make it up with Stan~" He wiggles his eyebrows, "Jew."

"Fuck you, dude," I roll my eyes, "If it wasn't for you, Stan and I would've never fought."

"Sure, Kyle, sure," Cartman scoffs, "Just put on some hand sanitizer and you'll feel better."

Craig walks up to us, no Kenny or Stan, "' Sup douchebags," He nods at us, "Ready to go? Or are you guys still arguing."

"We're coming, brace face," Cartman stands up, "But let Kyle put on his gloves otherwise he's scared he might touch something that's infected," I groan, as I stan up before smacking Cartman's head.

Walking behind Craig, Cartman nudges me, "Goddammit, Cartman," I whisper, "Can you fucking stop?" Cartman chuckles, evilly as he walks faster next to Craig. Walking to the parking lot, Stan's chewing gum and Kenny's sitting on the hood of the car.

"Now we're all here," Kenny hops off and stands next to Craig, "You," He points and me, "And you," He points at Stan, "You guys better make it up, or you two are outta here." Stan rolls his eyes as I look away.

"Yeah, there's no way we're going to a fucking party with a cold war between the two of you," Cartman crosses his arms, "Kenny's got a point."

"I'm not talking to a unstable emo, dude," I answer, "I don't give a shit about parties anyways," Craig and Kenny look at each other, as Craig nods.

"You're out," Kenny tilts his head to the side.

"What?" I gawk.

"You don't care about parties, right? See you later, Kyle," Kenny waves his hand, "See you tomorrow."

"We'll tell the dude organizing that you're not coming anymore, don't worry about it," Craig tells me, "Bye." Cartman looks at me and shakes his head.

"What are you shaking your head about, fatass?" I frown.

"Nothing, Jew, nothing," He still shakes his head as he steps into the car, "See you tomorrow."

Stan looks at me, his eyes gleaming as he runs his hands through his hair, "Say hey to Ike for me, tell him I still need my pencil back," He opens the door, and everyone's inside. Just standing there as Craig drives off, Stan's hand coming out of the window with a big fat middle finger for me.