chapter twenty-four.

Kyle - Wednesday Evening:

I'm pretty happy Craig's here with us in the room. Because I know, if he wasn't here, Stan wouldn't even look me in the eyes. We had a falling out after I told him about Heidi, I know I hurt him. Craig clears his throat, "Are two gonna talk to each other, or do I need to leave?" He asks me and Stan, but neither of us responds. "No fucking answer?" Stan looks at me and then at Craig and then at me, again.

"Why are you acting like such a bitch?" Stan asks me, his eyes narrowing. "I know Ike isn't the reason, I know failing math isn't, it's Heidi, I know." Craig rolls his eyes as he groans.

"Jesus Christ," Slapping my forehead, I give him the 'you've got to be kidding me' look. "You're right it's not math, it's not Ike, and it's not Heidi. Stan, I don't think you've noticed, but it's you." Craig looks down at his hands as Stan frowns.

"Me?" He'd look at Craig. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" He does sound annoyed, unlike Craig, who's in the middle of all of this.

"You're fucking dumb aren't you?" Craig taps his forehead with his middle finger as he looks at Stan. "Why the fuck do you think he said that it was you? You absolute idiot, even Stripe had more brain cells than you."

"What happened to Stripe?" I ask him as Stan processes the information given to him in his tiny pea-brain, that's probably the size of his balls too. 

"He died a couple of years back," Craig responds. Stan looks down at his hands as Craig stands up. "Okay, I think Stanley Marsh is finally going to talk, and I need to check on Tricia. Try not to make out on my floor, adios fags."

As soon as Craig closes the door behind him, Stan looks up at me. "So, why am I the reason?" I scoff as he frowns.

"Maybe you remember, I don't know, a couple of days or maybe a week ago?" I hum. "When we, you know, and then you got kicked out and we didn't talk to each other until I told you about Heidi? And then you threw your hat into the water. And that-"

"Yeah, I got it, shut up," he rubs his face with hands. "What does that have to do with me?"

"Why are you so dense?" I grab his face. "I miss you, Stanley, but I need to get over that night. I have a girlfriend now, you're just so in my head."

"And what I'm supposed to about that?" He asks me as I absent-mindedly squish his face.

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you," I tell him. "I've just been thinking about how upset you were and shit, and I just didn't know how to handle this." He takes my hands off his face, slowly, "Sorry."

"Yeah, no it's fine," he sighs.

Stan - Wednesday Evening:

"Is that all you have to say?" He asks me as his green eyes piercing my soul as the music stuck in my head grows.

"I don't have anything to say," I tell him. "I can't say anything, I accepted your apology, what do you want me to say? That everything is okay?"

"Why are you always so contradicting?" Kyle looks me dead in the eye as he brings his face closer to mine. "You know I've learned something today, that you're an overdramatic cry-baby-" He abruptly stops.

"What? Why did you stop?" I laugh. "Did you just realize that you were describing yourself?"

"You know what?" He looks at me, from my forehead down to my chin. "I don't have a girlfriend anymore."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"This," he crashes his lips onto mine and at the moment, I didn't know what I'm doing. But all I know is that this feels right

His lips taste like mint, and he smells amazing. Fuck, I am a creep. We part and all I can think is that I want more. Don't, don't, he has a girlfriend. But he said he doesn't have one- Just shut up.

"I want to scream," I look at him, "What does this mean? What about Heidi?"

"Fuck Heidi, I like you."

( stan style or say goodbye to your kneecaps )

"Who are we gonna tell?" He asks me, as we stand outside Craig's house before he needs to go home. "I know you're gonna tell Craig, and I need to tell Heidi."

"Let everyone else figure it out, no need to tell," I tell him. "When's your next game?" I nod at the sports bag swung over his shoulder that I weirdly didn't notice he brought with him.

"Cancelled, but you can come to training."

"Okay douchebag."

"Later, loser."

Craig - Wednesday Evening:

"Shut the fuck up," I shush Stan. "You guys like each other? Like after one kiss? That's some pre-school fucking shit," he frowns. "But you guys are, fuck me, kinda cute."

"I'm taking this a compliment."

"Yeah, for once in your life."

"Did you talk to Kenny?" He looks up at me as I put my laundry away in my closet. "I mean I know you did, but what did you talk about?" He cracks his knuckles as he flips his hair backward.

"Nothing special," I respond, taking a sip of my water bottle as I close my closet. "We just talked about tomorrow, his assessment and labels."

"Woah- Labels? Like "boyfriends"?" He chucks a ball at me. "That's not "nothing special", that's like saying "I Miss You" by blink-182 isn't an emo hit, faggot."

"Didn't get the reference," I throw the ball back at him.

"Of course you wouldn't," he groans. "I wonder how it was like not having an emo phase, what were you? A brony?"

"I had the Space phase," I put my water bottle on my nightstand. "But I didn't know what to say? It's way too early to say we're, y' know, boyfriends, but it's too late to say we're dating. He also sounded serious, it's not like him and I felt bad that I was joking about it."

"Well, what do you think?" He asks me. "Are you just dating or do you feel like you're more than that? You're more than just friends that fuck once in a while, I can tell." I sigh, holding Kenny's hoodie in my hands, all sentimental-like.

"We've only been together for what? Two weeks?" Chuckling dryly, I put on his hoodie. "It's not like I can say "I love you" to him. Of course, I know I can, but can he too? Or am I the only one that sees this in our relationship?"

"Can you see a future with him? Like can you see you two together after we graduate?" He asks me as he stands up. "First, I think you need a hug," He wraps his arms around me as he hugs me.

"Damn, you're really short."

"Just answer the question dumbass," He lets go.

"He did tell me about who'd wear the suit if we get married."

"You talked about getting married?" He looks at me with his eyebrows raised. "And you think he doesn't feel the same way about you? You're fucking stupid and I'm going to bed."

"And you're the one that didn't catch Kyle's hint."

"Goodnight fag."

"Sure."