chapter fourteen.

Stan - Monday Evening

"Craig?" Calling for him as I lay down on his floor, on my back, "Craaaaig?" He peeks his head out of the bathroom, a toothbrush in his mouth.

"What the fuck do you want?" He flips me off, "By the way, my fam's asking how long you're staying."

"Tell your mom that I'll probably be here till the end of the week," I look up at him, "Do you want to fucking know what I want or not, edgelord?" Craig rolls his eyes. Snarkily, I chuckle, "Yes or no, douchebag?"

"Just fucking tell me," He laughs, brushing his teeth. Sitting up, I cross my legs, "Hurry the fuck up, Stan, I don't have all fucking night."

"You wanna skip tomorrow and trash our attempt to stop smoking?" Cracking my knuckles, I ask him, "We can invite the dudes, which also means Kenny," I wiggle my eyebrows as Craig scoffs, looking to the side.

He scratches his jaw, "Why the fuck would I do that-" He then looks at me, "Wait- Did you say Kenny?" Snorting, I facepalm, "What?" He chuckles, walking to the bathroom and turning off the lights. He lays down on his bed, holding his hat in his hand. Letting out an elongated sigh, I look up at Craig's ceiling.

"Fuck me-"

"I saw you looking at Kyle today, you're still thinking about him, huh?" Craig peers over the edge of the bed, "I get it, don't worry about it, dude," Looking away, I furrow my eyebrows. Just thinking to myself, I shake my head. It was one time, plus, not everyone in South Park can be gay.

"Nah- It's just some absent staring, I guess- I'm over it," Biting the inside of my mouth, I look up at Craig, "I probably need some more sleep, I think," Standing up, I look over at him as he frowns.

"A'ight, but we're still doing tomorrow?"

"Of course."

"Cool, see you tomorrow," I wave at him as I head downstairs, "Goodnight Mrs. Tucker," I smile at his mom as she waves at me. Sliding into the guestroom, I grab my phone, my screen lighting up with messages from Kyle.

Kyley-B:

K: Stan??

K: I know you're up

K: I'm outside at the park, meet me there

Rolling my eyes, I grab my phone and jacket. Climbing out of the window, and sliding down the drainpipe, I land on the soft grass. The park? That's a good 10 minutes- I wonder what Kyle wants to talk about? Last time it was about Cartman but now? Not so sure. 

"Stan!" Kyle shouts at me as I arrive at the park, "Over here!" Grinning, I jog over to him, "Thanks for coming, dude."

"Hey, no problem," I pant, "What's up? It's been a while since we've done this," Kyle's dimple-smile shines in my face.

"I finally asked her out," He smiles.

"Who? Oh- Heidi, right-" I bite the inside of my mouth, "Cool... what did she say? When's your date?" Kyle shrugs.

"She said yes, but I don't know when we're going," He sticks his hands in his hoodie's pockets, "How's Craig?" 

"The same as ever, but he's a lot fucking happier after the whole Kenny-ordeal, y' know," I tell him, "Kyle- We're planning to skip tomorrow, and we'll take the boys with us, you in?" Kyle looks at me and he nods.

"Sure, I guess," He smiles, "Can I tell you something, like really fucking personal?" I perk up, nodding, "Cool."

"That's what I'm for," I smirk, he laughs, "Lay it on me." Kyle inhales deeply before huffing it out, loudly, I'm getting increasingly more worried as he sighs so deeply.

"I legit feel like we're drifting apart, ever since that fucking evening, I miss you, Stan," He looks down, "But I realized I can't fucking live off of the single time I had anything with you. I need to move one, we're friends, nothing else."

Ouch, the tears in my eyes sting as I feel a soft tear fall down my cheek, "Oh okay, I get it," I take off my hat, "Yeah- I get it. Nothing else. I hope your date with Heidi goes well, can I tell you something personal as well?"

"Okay."

"Thanks for today, I'm gonna miss you," I nod, "Goodnight." I turn away, gripping my hat tightly in my hand as I hear my knuckles crack.

"Wait! Stan!" Kyle calls after me as I continue walking, "What do you mean? Where are you going?" I ignore him as I turn out of the park, instead of walking to Craig's place, I walk directly to Stark's. 

The moon shines in the water, my grip on my hat loosens before I throw into the waters. Seeing my hat being soaked up by the mossy green lake only makes me sadder. Sitting down, I bring my knees up to my chest and my head against my arms, letting it all out.

"Hey Stan," I hear behind me, I look only to see Kenny standing there, "Are you okay?" He sits next to me.

"Yeah, fine," I sniffle, drying my tears with my sleeves, "What the fuck are you doing out here?" He scoffs, placing his arm on my shoulders.

"The same thing as you, ready to let it all out," Kenny pats my shoulder, "I'm done because of school and waiting for tomorrow, what about you?" He brings the water bottle to his lips, still looking at me with glassy blue eyes.

"Kyle."

He remains quiet, completely understanding what I mean, "How about I bring you back to Craig's?"

"Thanks, Ken."

"No problem."