chapter twenty-three.

Craig - Wednesday Evening:

"Tomorrow?" I suggest. "I can move it, no problem." Sticking my hand in my pocket, I gaze around the kitchen for food. Kenny scoffs on the other side of the phone.

"Okay, fine," he answers. "Cool."

"Nice," I grin, even though he can't see me. "I have to go, and I think you need to finish your assessment." Taking my hand out of my pocket, I open the fridge to find some microwavable pizza.

"Wait- Craig."

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"What are we?" Kenny says softly. "I don't want to sound stupid or anything, but I want to know what this is, what we are."

"Friends with benefits?"

"Really?" He sounds upset.

"No, I'm joking," I scratch my neck as I laugh, nervously. "What do you want me to say?" Labels? Now? It's too early to say that I love him, and it's too late to say that we're dating. Fuck, I never thought of it.

"Dudes?"

"Less than 5 feet apart, 'cause we're gay?"

"Okay," he laughs. "Bye, loser."

The doorbell rings as soon as I put my phone on the counter. Walking to the door, I look through the window above the kitchen counter.

Kyle?

Opening the door, two green eyes look down at me. "Hey Brovlofski," I nod at him. "You good?" He nods. Not saying anything as he follows me to my room because I know he wants to talk to Stan. Stan opens the door and we sit in silence.

( sorry for the shorter chapter, i'm pretty busy with stuff and i don't want to lose interest in this book. there will be a longer (and better!) chapter soon! )

( please don't leave )