chapter twelve.

Kenny - Monday Morning

Walking next to Stan, I stick my hands in my bag's front pocket, "Cigarette before school?" I offer Stan, he shakes his head, "What's up? Are you trying to quit?" Stan scratches his head.

"Have you seen what those fucking cigs do? Craig told me he's gonna quit too," He explains, "Maybe that'll make you stop too?" I roll my eyes.

"Okay, mom."

Walking into the classroom, Kyle and Cartman are arguing again. Can't help it, I glance over at Craig's normal table. He's sitting there, legs wide and his chullo-hat in his hands. Sliding into my seat next to Kyle, I grab a scrap paper out of my bag and I squeeze it into a ball. "Oi, Tucker!" I laugh, "Heads up!" Craig turns around and I throw the ball. Of course, he catches it.

"Nice throw," Craig comments, leaning back in his chair, "Kinda missed me, though," He shrugs, throwing it back at me. Shaking my head, I stand up to walk over to him, "What's up?" He asks me, putting his chullo hat on his head.

"Did- uh, they go away?" I ask him, cautiously.

"What do you mean?" He raises his left eyebrow, "Who?"

"Your-" I point at his neck, "Did they go away?" Craig tilts his head, understanding what I meant and he shakes his head, "Fuck," I mumble under my breath.

"Look," He turns his head sideways, revealing the faint, purple circles on his neck and jaw, "My sister stole the concealer 'cause I left it on the kitchen counter, so I'm screwed." He scratches his neck.

"I guess I'm lucky that all of mine are on my chest," Shrugging, I look away, "Do you want to go and buy a new bottle sometime?" Craig snickers, looking up at me.

"Is this your way to ask me on a date, Kenneth McCormick?" He spins a pen on his finger-tops, "And sure, this time, I'm choosing."

"Okay, Craigory Tucker," I smile, "Wednesday." Craig nods and I walk-off.

Kyle - Monday Morning

Ignoring Cartman, I look at Kenny and Craig. What the fuck are they talking about? I'm so fucking terrible with reading lips. Craig tilts his head to his side, and I can barely see the faint bruises on his jaw. Other than the words "screwed", "date" and "Wednesday", I heard nothing apart from that, "Did you even hear me, you fucking Jew?" Cartman violently shakes my shoulder.

"Shut up, fatass," I push him away, "I'm trying to figure out what they're talking about."

"They're talking about hickeys- Craig and Kenny are also going on another date on Wednesday," Stan cleans his earbuds when Cartman and I turn around to look at him, "What?"

"And how the fuck do you know that?" I ask him, tugging on my hat, "And why?" Cartman mocks me.

"You wouldn't know since you didn't answer my messages," Stan responds, snarkily, "I'm staying at Craig's because I got fucking kicked out of my house, because of fucking someone," He spits on the floor. 

"Dude- stop being so salty," I snap, scooting my chair away from Stan's spit, "Gross." Cartman rolls his eyes as Stan sticks his earbuds in his ears. Kenny finally walks away from Craig and slides into the seat next to me.

"You guys are so fucking loud, I could hear when I was practically on the other side of the damn room," Kenny snorts, "You and Cartman argue like you're a married couple that only have sex on Saturdays."

"That's oddly specific but kinda true?" Stan chuckles, "Can we all just calm down? Can we not fucking turn out like you-know-who?" We all agree.

"Fine, you still owe me lunch though," I look at Stan as he laughs, "This bitch can't even afford a ham sandwich in the canteen, dude."

"Looks who's talking, you still own a fucking iPhone 6," Stan laughs, "Dumbass."

Wendy - Monday Afternoon

Waiting at the front gate of the school, I tap a message to Bebe. Finally, Stan walks out of the gates with Kyle, Cartman, Kenny and... Craig? Since when do they hang out? You know what? I don't care. "Stan!" I call out for my ex, he turns around, "Can we talk for like five minutes?" I hold up my hand. He hesitates as he looks at his friends, laughing. Kyle turns around and stops walking, he tilts his head.

"Are you coming, Emo McBitchface?" Kyle shouts, cupping his mouth.

"I'll meet you there," Stan waves his hand, "Now fuck off," Kyle flips him off as he punches Craig's shoulder, "What do you want?" He turns to me, taking off his hat. Rubbing my arms, I huff.

"I want to give you a second chance, Bebe and Red told me that you're a good guy," I tell him, "And I believe them, I believe you, I want this to work again," He looks down, nodding slowly.

Turning my head to the side, trying to add that extra effect, "Look, Wends," He places his hand on my shoulder, "We had a good run, but some things don't last forever and some things don't deserve another chance."

Slapping his hand off my shoulder, I furrow my eyebrows, "Okay then- You're right, I wanted to give you a chance, I wanted to give us a chance," Huffing, I look back at him, trying to remain calm, "Can we stay friends? I'm not ready to lose you."

"Of course," He smiles, "How about we hang out sometime? They opened a new diner around the block," I nod, smiling.

"Cool," I hug him, "I'll text you."

"I hope you will, Call Girl."

"Adios, ToolShed."

We wave at each other, before walking separate ways. This is something new for me, I've been rejected but I realized I made a new friend. Feeling a little bit better, I walk faster. Stan is maybe the cutest and nicest guy (that isn't gay) in the whole of Southpark, but I can find someone else.