chapter six.

Kenny - Thursday Morning

Sitting in the back, the four of us drive to school. Kyle and Stan's mixtape blasting out of the busted speakers of Stan's old truck. As soon as When Am I Gonna Lose You by Local Natives starts playing, I start dancing to it. Stan lip-syncs as Kyle does the air guitar with Cartman drumming on the dashboard.

Stan pulls up in our regular parking spot and I jump out of his car. He turns off the engine and Kyle hands him his bag as Cartman starts walking towards the doors. Following him, I look around the hallway trying to locate the coal-black hair of Craig. As soon as I see him, I wave obnoxiously trying to grab his attention. He sticks out his tongue to reveal a piercing, my eyes widen.

He looks at me confused, before limping over to me, "What's up?" My eyes still wide, I press his cheeks so he opens his mouth, "What the fuck are you doing?" He says, trying to pull away.

"You have a fucking tongue piercing?!" I exclaim, "And you didn't fucking tell me?"

"Why are you so surprised?" He bares his tongue again, "I'm functioning emo, just because we haven't made out yet doesn't mean you have to be so disgusted by it." I roll my eyes.

"Dream on, lover-boy."

Tweek - Thursday Morning

It hurts me to see him move on, seeing him being comfortable without me, the tongue piercing he bares to Kenny, the one we got together. Fondling my pierced earlobe, I look at Craig as he limps past. He looks over at me, before locking eyes and awkwardly looking away. "C-Craig! Wait," I grab his sleeve, "P-please."

He looks down at our shoes, "Hey..." He rubs his arm as he leans on his crutches, "I'm sorry for being such a dick yesterday, I just thought that you felt the same way about me like Clyde."

"It's f-fine, gAh!" I exclaim, twitching, "I-I was super w-worried and I didn't want you to feel like that," Craig looks up at me, his eyebrows furrowing, "Y-you're not an emotionless piece of shit, and y-you know that."

He hugs me, "Thanks Tweekers, I needed that," He leans his head on my shoulder as he wraps his arms around me, "You're a good guy, and you know that too."

"Ngh! No p-problem, Craig!" We let each other go and we walk towards our next class, happily talking. For the first time in a while, I've seen him like this. Maybe, just maybe for the first time in a while, I don't feel like Craig needs me. I don't feel like he needs to be with me, that he can't feel comfortable without me. Looking up at him, I smile.

I'm proud of you Craig.

Craig - Thursday Afternoon

Finally, the last lesson of this day. Tapping my pencil on the fucked-up table in the Humanities class as I huff. Rolling my eyes, the teacher blurts out nonsense. She told us she'd give us our grades back, but surprise- We didn't get it back. But, she told us that most of the class passed.

Do you know what I need right now?

A cigarette,

A beer,

And Kenny.

Leaning back in my chair, I think. I've been counting the days till I can take him out on that date. Does anybody get nervous on dates? 'Cause I don't, cool Craig right here. Facepalming to my idiotic ideas, I look up at the blinding lights.

Where am I gonna bring him?

How about I make it cheesy, but not too cheesy? Like a date at Stark's? At the park, a date under the stars?

But that's like every other day with Kenny, I should do something different. Maybe to the skating rink? That'd be cool. But I can't skate for shit- Can he?

Probably should ask him.

Finally, the infamous bell rings. Swinging my bag over my shoulder and grabbing my crutches before making my way out of the door, following the mass of senior grade students. Somehow, I manage to pull out my phone while balancing my crutches and opening my locker.

Ken:

Craig: suh

Ken: Hola dork

Craig: where r u??

Ken: Teacher let us out late lmao

Craig: "lmao"

Ken: Fuck you

Craig: kidding, calm down

Ken: Yeet

Ken: I see you

Kenny waves at me, I smile, "How's Craigory?" He hugs me, "How's the ankle?"

"Good and good," I answer, "Hey, I was wondering what you wanna do for, you know, our date?" Kenny looks at me and he grins, mischievously, "Why are you looking like that at me?"

"I already planned something, dumbass," He ruffles my hair, making me drop my books, "Oh fuck, sorry," I crouch down to give it to him.

"Cliche, don't you think?" He snorts, "And are you sure? Do I need to pay? Am I supposed to something?" He rolls his eyes.

"Let me take care of it, Craig."

"Okay then," I respond, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hold up, are you actually planning to go alone?" He tugs on my sleeve.

"Not really."