chapter nine.

Kenny - Friday Evening

Looking over at Craig, I bring the cigarette to my lips. Still feeling the rose I bought for him in my pocket. "Hey," I place my hand on his shoulder, "I know this is pretty late right now, but I got you something-" I take the rose out of my pocket.

"You're so cliche," He takes the rose of my hands with a large smile, "Thanks." I lean against his shoulder as he wraps his arm around my shivering shoulders, "You cold?" I nod. Craig takes his arm off my shoulders as he places his warm jacket on me.

"And you're saying I'm cliche," I roll my eyes, Craig takes the cigarette out of my hand and takes a hit. The grey smoke leaves his mouth and hits the grass beneath us, he looks up at the sky as his eyes shine.

"What can I say? I fucking love cliches, I guess I just hung out with Clyde for too long," He smirks making me laugh. He takes off his chullo-hat to run a weary hand through his black hair, coughing, "Fuck- I need to stop smoking."

"Who do you think is the pretty or handsome dude between the two of us?" I furrow my eyebrows, "Am I pretty or handsome? I think you're the pretty one, making all the girls- and boys- go wild and I'm the handsome one because I just am."

"How about you're both?" Craig looks at me, smiling as I roll my eyes, scoffing, "What? Do pick-up lines not work on you?"

"Try me, pretty boy," I wink.

"If I had a dollar every time you crossed my mind, I'd have one dollar," He bites his lip, "' Cause you never left."

My face flames up, and I cover my mouth with the back of my hand, "That's the worst one, so fucking cheesy. Don't ever say that again, please," I beg him. "Are you a thief?" I place my hand on my chest, "' Cause you stole my heart."

"Accurate," He laughs, "I think I lost my phone number, can I have yours?"

"No wonder the sky was grey today," I wiggle my eyebrows, "All the blue is in your eyes."

Craig covers his face as he laughs, "That's the worst one, ladies and gentlemen! We got 'em," He sticks up an okay sign as he flops onto his back. Lying down next to him, we look up at the skies.

Craig - Friday Evening

Is it weird that I want to kiss him? Like, I just want to hold him in my arms, make him mine. I don't want to be alone, anymore. Seeing him talk like that to me, the way the crimson red of his cheeks makes my heart fucking ache.

"Craig?" Kenny snaps his fingers in front of my face, "You good? You kinda spaced out for a second." I shake myself out of my trance to look at him.

"Huh? Yeah- I'm fine," I respond, gulping, "I'm fine, just thinking about some irrelevant stuff, the alcohol is finally hitting me a little bit," I confess, telling him the half-truth. Kenny narrows his numbing-ly blue eyes as I trace the scars on my forearms.

"Are you sure? Craig, you can tell me," He lays his hands on mine, "I'll always listen to you."

"I guess I'm still thinking about Clyde a lot, and about Tweek and Token. Jimmy too, about what fucking happened, my ankle and stuff. It's still really hard to wrap my bulbous head around everything right now, y' know?" I look at Kenny as he sits up and I do too, crossing my legs.

"I hate Clyde with every inch of my body," He nods, understanding, "But I get it."

Trying to lighten the mood, I joke: "That's not a lotta inches." He laughs, rolling his eyes. Laughing, I press my hands together on my lap.

"There's still something on your mind."

"What?"

"Craig," Kenny looks at me sternly, "Fucking spill, I won't laugh at you or anything." I look at him, wondering if I should tell him. Several thoughts race through my head, can I do this? He's not Tweek but he's still my friend- and the person I'm on a date with- and he won't laugh at me.

"I dunno how to tell you," I tell him, "Tweek and I were together, but we never went on a date- We kissed and did other things, but this is so fucking different." Kenny watches me, as he thinks. I follow his lips as he opens his mouth to speak, only to hesitate.

"I should've chosen a better place," He chortles, bringing his knees up to his chest and taking a cup to drink out of.

The silence between us is louder than the resurfacing thoughts in my hollow head. Squeezing my eyes tightly shut, I chew the corner of my mouth, "I just really fucking want to kiss you," I let it slip out, and I open my eyes as his already big eyes grow wide.

"Wait- What? And you didn't fucking tell me?" Kenny shouts, "Craig- Why didn't you just tell me?" I scratch my head through my hat as I shrug again, for the hundredth time this evening alone. Reaching out for me, he plants his delicate hands on my rough face.

"Just kiss me, dumbass," I grin at him. Kenny's face comes towards me, and the tips of our noses touch. I feel and hear his soft breath hitting my bottom lip as I just stare into his eyes. We kiss.

Finally.