"Tear" - Chapter 34

Trigger warning:

This chapter contains self-harm, self hatred and suicidal thoughts. I am not trying to trigger nor hurt anyone, and I am not romanticising mental illness. This book is meant as a story to let out my ideas but also painful thoughts.

If you or anyone else suffers from mental illness or self-harm, please stay strong and/or get help from a friend or professional. Stay strong.

If you don't like such themes or think they are too triggering, please don't read this chapter.

Abraxas quickly grabbed a bottle of pills from his coat as he took one of them.

It were medicines he had stolen from the clinic too reduce anxiety.

He only needed them when he was suffering an anxiety attack once a little while, or when he would see his dad.

"Sh*t."

He wanted the pills to work more quickly as his thoughts raced through his mind.

"I should've taken this stuff way earlier." He mumbled but finally felt the medicine doing its job as he did a few steps towards the brown door.

He was still filled with fear, but denied it as he felt if the gun was still under his black coat.

When killing off one of the vampire hunters that once followed him, he had decided to just take all his weapons to get rid of his enemies.

Do I really have to do this? He thought.

He was completely broken since the day his world got destroyed. He had killed so many people, yet deep down he still felt fear.

In fact, he was afraid of so many things, yet never showed anyone.

His cold hand opened the closed door as humans would've never gotten any movement in the locked piece of wood.

He didn't recognise the inside of the house as old memories remained.

Two persons with white masks were quietly staring at him as he didn't know who they were.

They looked like they from some kind of cult.

He didn't care and ignored them as he slowly walked towards the living room while he firmly held his pistol.

His eyes widened for a moment as he saw his father sitting at a chair before the fireplace. Again, two of those weird cult guys were standing next to him.

"Never thought I would see you here again."

They say the voice of someone is the first things you forget about them, but for Abraxas this wasn't true.

He tried to conceal his feelings as he slowly grabbed his gun.

"What? You aren't even going to talk to me before shooting me?" The man laughed as Abraxas didn't dare to look him into his eyes.

"It's pretty funny, because I want to tell you something important."

Abraxas' gun slowly got pointed to the man's head as his hand was shaking.

"Don't act like you don't want to hear it. It's a wonderful story."

Slowly the son looked his father into his eyes as his dad noticed the pain inside of them.