"Tear" - Chapter 39

I recommend listening to "Papercut" by OOHYO. Otherwise I would listen to a rainy BTS song. Enjoy reading ʕʔ

Abraxas' POV

A big grin appeared onto my face as I looked down.

I watched the water of the sea right next to the hospital peacefully waving as I felt in my right pocket.

This was the pocket I had also kept my last note in. I hope they're all still busy reading it, so I can do this without any obstacles...

A sharp pain in my wound area surprised me for a moment as my smile got even bigger.

Only one pill, one jump, one last gasp for air and it would all be over.

Finally.

Mi-Cha's POV

"Abraxas!"

Jimin pushed open the door in front of us with a smack as we were now standing on the roof of this hospital.

There he was; our friend who was just lying in his bed ready for treatment, now already wearing his normal clothes again however, smeared in blood.

It was dim, slightly raining, and the clouds above us gave Abraxas an even more uncanny looking vibe. Especially with his right eye that looked even more neon green than it ever did before.

"Stop!"

The pale guy put his hand in front of him, letting us know we couldn't set a step further or he would actually jump.

"Why are you doing this?!"

Jimin slowly did a step forward as Abraxas did a step back, closer to the side of the edge of this high building.

A smile of frustration appeared onto his face as it was only now I noticed how much he had actually cried when I was gone for that little while; his eyes were only a little red yet still shining because of the tears.

"I've always liked water, it makes me feel relaxed."

He grinned.

"But, to answer your question, you know why."

I was still too speechless out of shock as Jimin didn't respond either.

"I'm a villain. And even though it shouldn't... it hurts."

He did another step closer to the side of the sea as I noticed him holding something like a drug or a medicine.

"But you- you aren't!"

Jimin did another step closer as Abraxas looked at me for a split second, his eyes filled with the longing of freedom and peace.

"I assure you, you are not a-"

"Why NOT?!" Our suicidal friend suddenly snapped as it was weird to see him cry like this - he was so emotionally closed off normally...

"I-," He did another step back as he was almost at the very last point of being able to jump.

"I'm-I'm WEAK! I've ALWAYS BEEN!"

He suddenly lied his hands in front of his face for a moment.

"I'm... tired of it."

We were all quiet for a moment as a tear rolled down my cheek again.

"No, you aren't." Jimin sighed "Don't you remember, all those decades ago, when I still was human."

I didn't exactly know what Jimin was going to tell as I never really heard these stories.

"We were at the same school together; you were my best friend."

He was quiet for a second seeing Abraxas slowly becoming less upset.

"Even though all these kids were jealous of you; they wanted your looks, everything you had... man, they even beat you up because they couldn't be like you..."

Jimin did a step closer, this time, seeing Abraxas not doing the exact opposite.

"But you were shy, honest and had the biggest heart, even though your father made your life into a living hell, constantly hurting you and the ones you loved."

He did another step closer as I slowly did too.

"Don't you see you are everything but weak? You used to try not to hurt anyone, you were there for your friends every time again-"

Another step closer.

"You were never a villain," Jimin's voice slightly trembled as I now noticed his watery eyes.

"You were made into how you are now because of everything that occurred. You had to make yourself like this in order to survive."

He smiled to him.

"That doesn't make you a monster."

Abraxas had stopped crying and was quietly listening as his eyes slightly widened and lit up.

"That makes you human."

A tear slowly rolled down from Jimin's cheek onto the cold ground as he smiled even more warmly to his friend.

Even I got emotional even more as he slowly looked my way.

Before I could even say anything to stop him, he suddenly did one step back as he weakly smiled; both of his eyes were brown this time.

"Thank you..."

One last tear dropped down from one of his eyes as he suddenly, unexpectedly and very quickly took his pill and crossed his arms over his torso looking at us.

"Until we meet again. Maybe in another lifetime,"

"A better one."

He quickly let himself fall back with a fulfilled smile.

"NO!"

Jimin ran towards the edge as I quickly followed him.

He didn't even hesitate and jumped too.

"JIMIN!"

I quickly lied my hand onto my open mouth as my face was filled with shock.

My shaky hands firmly grabbed the lifted piece of ground in front of me as I looked down to the dark water, probably filled with sharp and dangerous rocks and strong, forceful waves.

They had both vanished.