Chapter IX

[1 year later]

"Babe, you've got a phone call!" Jennie yelled but her boyfriend doesn't seem to hear it.

"Babe, somebody's calling you!" she shouted once again but received no answer. When she's about to answer the call, the caller's name is unfamiliar for her.

"Krystal? Who's Krystal?" she asks herself until the phone rings no more. She tried countless times to open his phone but he already changed the passcode until a text message was received and appeared on the screen.

"Are you on your way? Your boy can't wait to see you, hurry up."

"Oh, must be his friend." she was about to put the phone down but another text message arrived.

"I love you, we can't wait to see you."

Jennie cannot believe what her eyes had just seen.

"I love you??"

Talk about great timing, Kai just went out the bathroom.

"Who's Krystal?" Jennie asks, feeling nervous about what he's gonna answer.

"What?"

"Who is she? I just read her text. Why is she saying I love you?" Jennie asks him nonstop but Kai's starting to feel annoyed.

"Why aren't you answering me? Is she a third party? Come on, tell me!" she yelled.

"You are the third party! You are the mistress!" Kai yelled at her so Jennie started to feel even more nervous. What does he mean by mistress?

"What? What are you talking about?" she asks, getting teary-eyed.

"Krystal and I had an arranged marriage 7 months ago. I got her pregnant about a year ago. We have a son." he calmly explained, sat upon the bed, not glancing at Jennie.

"I don't get it.." are the only words that's left her mouth. Her mind is filled with lots of questions as of the moment, questioning her worth and everything.

"So that's why you've been distant and cold since then..." they've been quiet for a while because they don't know what to say.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she questioned.

"Jennie I-"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" she yelled, now fuming in anger.

"You've been playing dick for more than a year and you didn't tell me?? You have a wife and son to go home to and I didn't even know?? If it wasn't for the call I wouldn't have known it! You are such a dick!" she starts hitting his chest, tears starting to go down from her eyes.

"You've been messing with me and I had no idea! You are such a fucked up man!" she cries hard, still hitting him.

"Get out." she told him but Kai isn't moving.

"Get the fuck out!" she yelled.

She broke down in her condo. She felt disgusted, angry, and weak at the same time. She doesn't know what to do, she doesn't have anyone to go to. Her family's at Korea, she's in Paris. She can't move due to crying too hard.

The next day, she hadn't gone to work. She hadn't left her room. Everybody in the company starts to panic as they don't know what to do because their boss isn't answering their calls. Clients have been dismissed, meeting have been cancelled all in just a day. She had no energy. She didn't want to talk to anybody. She's hurt, badly.

                               ~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you mean you haven't seen her all day?" Mr. Kim asked, worriedly.

"She hadn't gone to work, sir, if she plans on not going to work today, she'll tell me right away but she didn't. And her phone's dead, we can't contact her." Jennie's assistant explained.

"Have you tried going into her condominium?"

"Sir, there are plenty of condominiums here in Paris. We have no idea which is which."

"I'll call you later. I'll go ask her sister." Mr. Kim told the secretary.

"Thank you, sir."

He then, contacted their eldest daughter right away.

"Jisoo, have you seen Jennie?" he asks.

"Appa, she's in Paris. What are you talking about?" Jisoo laughed on the line.

"We can't contact her. Nobody had seen her all day. We're all worried. Your sister might be missing."

"What!? What did her secretary say? Jennie didn't go to work?"

"Yes, her secretary said your sister will tell her right away if she plans to take a leave but today, she didn't. Didn't she leave a message for you or something?"

"No. Oh my God. We'll go there, Appa. Wait for me and Lisa." Jisoo said before hanging up.

Jennie hadn't eaten all day which made her even weaker. She didn't know what to do. She needs somebody to talk to and she has a lot of "friends" which makes you think she wouldn't be alone but nobody was there for her.

"Unnie, I need you." she whispered.

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~

[Another day passed.]

"Unnie, where are you?" Jennie asked through the phone.

"Jennie, thank God you called! Where are you? Are you okay? What happened?" Jisoo worriedly throwed questions at her sister.

"Can I stay with you for a while? I don't want to be alone."

"Tell me where you are. Oh my God, you made us all worried." Jisoo sighed, still panicking.

"Don't tell mom and dad yet. I'm here at Han River." Jennie reminded her sister.

"Why didn't you call me sooner? What happened?"

"I'll tell you everything later." Jennie answered.

The couple quickly drove off to Han River without telling any of their family members that Jennie came back here in Korea.

"Jennie?" Jisoo called.

"Unnie..." Jennie came running into her sister's arms. She needs her. She cried on her shoulder like a little kid. She embraced her tightly.

"I'll leave you guys alone." Lisa said, witnessing the heartbreaking moment of her wife's sister. She went to get them coffee since it's getting pretty cold.

"And just like that, everything got ruined. He's such an asshole." Lisa heard Jennie say.

"Hey, drink up for a while. You might catch cold." she handed them each coffee.

"Guys nowadays surely are pain in the ass." Jisoo shook her head. "What about eomma and appa? Didn't you know they're about to go crazy? WE WERE about to go crazy?"

"I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do. I feel so weak."

"I'm here, Jennie. It's not the end of the world, he's an ass and he doesn't deserve you. Please, let mom and dad know you're staying with us for the mean time." Jisoo told her.

"What about our company? Who's gonna take care of it while you're here?"

"I don't know, unnie. I don't want to go back. I want to quit."

"Are you out of your mind?" Jisoo widened her eyes.

"I quit, unnie. I'm done."

"And for what? Just because of a stupid guy? That's unreasonable, Jennie. I don't know what appa will have to say about this." Jisoo said, getting upset and mad.

"What do you expect me to do? I've never been through this, can't you understand me? I can't go to work being a complete mess. I'll just ruin everything." Jennie explained.

"You already did by acting like a child." Jisoo sarcastically said.

"Hey, that's enough." Lisa told them. "Come on, get inside the two of you. Let's fix this at home."

The Great Seducer On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara