Chapter (3): Danni Scott

Avery stared at Danni, not sure what to say or what to do. Danni was 20 years old, she had Black curly pixie hair and hazel eyes, her skin was fair and creamy. She was wearing white tank top, black pants and her work jacket was wrapped around her waist, and was holding a wrench in her left hand.

"Oookay" said Danni taking back her hand when Avery didn't shake hers.

"Danni did you finish the car?" he asked.

"The BM?"

"Yes"

"Yeah, I did. It's in the back" She pointed her thumb at the back, behind her.

"Can I get it?" she asked still gazing at her.

"Yeah" She followed her in the back. "I have to say you've got nice wheels but the engine was a wreck and I was able to fix it" she said proudly.

Avery took a good look on her car by tracing her fingertips on it until her finger grazed a scratch. "What is that?!" she asked, annoyed.

"Oh! I guess it was there before"

"Are you kidding me?! I'm sure you scratched it!"

"No I swear" She held up her hands. "Look, it just needs a little paint and it will be as good as new and besides... this is just a small scratch"

"Do you know how much does it cost?"

"Probably more than you" She retorted.

"Excuse me?"

"You are excused" She retorted again. "Look, you had a problem with the engine, I fixed it. And the whole scratch thing isn't my problem or my concern"

She sighed heavily, running a hand through her hair to calm herself down. "Fine! How much?"

"5000$"

"What?!"

"We are talking about a famous car brand here, don't blame me and you said and I quote 'Do you know how much does it cost?' So yes it costs that much"

"Unbelievable" She took the money from her bag and handed it to her. "No tip for you" She stepped into her car. "And I won't come here again"

"Anytime" She smirked and replied sarcastically as Avery has already left.

Avery parked her car outside April's house and stepped out of it, rang the bell and April opened the door.

"Hey"

"Hey" said Avery.

"I see you got your car back" She nodded. "Come on in"

They headed upstairs to her room, they sat on the bed and Avery hugged the pillow.

"What's up with you?" said April.

"Patrick quit" she said sadly.

"Uh, okay? Is that why you look so sad?"

"No... Yes... No... Maybe. It's just this mechanic girl she was being rude and arrogant to me"

"Wait! A girl? And a mechanic? That's hot" She rubbed her chin. "What did she do?"

"She scratched my car and I'm sure it was her evil deed"

"But the car is good, right? I mean you wanted to get your car back fixed"

"Yes"

"Then the scratch is no problem, just a little paint and Voila! Problem is fixed"

"You sound like her right now"

"Because it's true"

"She even took 5000$"

"Wow! That's a lot but your car is expensive though"

"Ugh!" She buried her face in the pillow. "Can we go out tonight some place?"

"Sure, where do you wanna go?"

"Any place that could be fun"

"I know the place then"

***************************

Danni finished working and went to wash her hands from the dirt. She splashed her face with cold water and then headed to the locker room, changing her clothes and putting on her cap.

"I'm leaving, Noah" she said as she waved at him.

"Alright, good night"

She walked down the street until she arrived her apartment. Entering her apartment, she threw her cap on the couch and turned on the lights. Her legs took her to the bedroom and she plopped down on the bed releasing a deep breath and took out a photo from the drawer beside her.

"I'm gonna get you out of there. I promise" She kissed the photo and put it back, letting the exhausting wash over her.