Chapter (33): The Rape Of The Amaryllis

Danni was at the garage, fixing a motorcycle and was so engrossed in her work that she couldn't hear her uncle calling out her name. She was thinking about Ben's words, Ben who is only seven years old saw and felt what she never could've guessed.

"Danni!" He snapped his fingers near her ears and she looked at him.

"What?"

"I've been calling your name all along, didn't you hear me?"

"... Nope" she said.

"What are you thinking about that is busying you so much?"

"... Ben"

"Ben? Why? Is he ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, he is fine but he told me something yesterday that it seems I can't forget about"

"What did he say?" He crossed his arms.

She sighed and ran a hand through her curls. "He said that I have a crush on... Avery and that I like Avery more than Chloe..." She paused for a moment. "And he said the craziest thing ever" She chuckled. "He said that he felt the 'Spark' between me and Avery, can you believe that?"

"That's funny" He chuckled. "Because I thought the same thing"

"What?"

"You know, when you introduced me to Chloe, I can say that she has a crush on you but when you introduced me to Avery, I can say that you have a crush on her and there was definitely a spark that I sensed, especially when you guys hugged at the hospital" He smirked at her. "I think Ben is so observant as much as his uncle"

"I'm with Chloe and she is my girlfriend. Avery is my friend and I think she is straight"

"So you are telling me that you aren't with Avery because she is straight? Let me give you an advice, sometimes when you are around the person you like, you don't realize that you want them to be with you all the time and we make excuses why they aren't the ones for us" She looked at him, thinking about his words. "And you said that you 'Think' that she is straight, what made you use the word 'Think', huh? I'm sure there is a reason you used that word..." He put a hand on her shoulder. "And I'm sure you are thinking about Ben's words because you already know the answer but you are afraid to admit it"

He said his last words, leaving her with her thoughts. A part of her knew the truth, the other part denied it. she was conflicted but she was certain that they were right about every word they said.

*****************************

April, Steve and Avery were at the cafeteria, having their break before their last lecture. Steve and April were talking while Avery was checking her papers before going to Grey's house.

"Avery, leave those and have fun"

"I wish if I could but I have to finish these first"

"You really changed" said Steve and eyes turned to him. "Don't look at me! It's true!" He raised his palms in surrender.

"He is right" said April. "You've been working hard since you started doing that project with professor Gray but you don't hang out with us anymore"

"Yeah, sorry guys but I promise I'll make it up to you"

"You promised" said April jokingly.

"How is Danni? I haven't seen her since last time at the club"

"Oh, you know working here, working there, having fun with me. We became close actually"

"Really?" asked April but she wasn't surprised. She already noticed that before and her feelings were telling her that something will happen soon.