Chapter (24): La Divorce

Danni went to the kitchen rubbing her neck, as she didn't sleep well last night. Taking care of Avery and waking up at night every once in a while to make sure she is fine, was exhausting to her but she cared for her and she owned her a lot since she helped her brother.

"Don't tell me you were here all night?" asked Abigail and Danni jumped at her voice.

"You scared me"

"Sorry" She shrugged.

"I've been here with her all night, making sure she was fine and thank god she is better now... but I slept well though"

"I can see"

"Could you make me something to eat? I need to make a phone call"

"No problem"

She left the kitchen with her phone pressed on her ear waiting for the beep.

"Hey"

"Hey... I don't know if I could come today to work"

"... Okay, I'll cover for you but is everything okay with you?"

"Yeah, yeah... did you get Julie's number?"

He laughed lightly. "Yes I did"

"Alright, good for you. I'm gonna go now. Tell Ben that I love him" She hung up and headed back to the kitchen.

"Thanks, Abby" she said as she took a bite of the sandwich.

"Is she awake?"

"No, she was still sleeping. I'll go check on her after I finish my sandwich" Abigail nodded.

Danni finished her sandwich and headed upstairs, knocked on the door twice and she heard weak voice giving her the come in, so she opened the door and poked her head.

"Hey" She smiled as she sat properly on the bed. She motioned for her to come and Danni sat on the side of the bed, checking her temperature.

"How are you feeling today?"

"Better than yesterday actually. All because of your magical soup"

"I'm relieved. Did you sleep well?"

"I did because you were a comfortable pillow"

She chuckled. "I'm honored to be your pillow anytime" She locked eyes with her and the silence fell between them. "What do you want to eat, drink?"

"I don't know; why don't you surprise me?" She smiled.

"You got it"

Avery grabbed her hand before she got up and gazed at her before mouthing 'Thank you' and Danni nodded at her then left the room.

***************************

Four hours later, the house door opened and Meredith entered with her travelling bags, Abigail came out of the kitchen helping her with the bags.

"How is Avery?" asked Meredith.

"She was sick for a day but now she feels better"

"Did she go to the doctor?"

"No, she refused"

"Okay, thanks Abigail" She nodded and took the bags up to her room.

Meredith reached for Avery's room and let herself enter but she was sad to break the news to her daughter, but it was better to tell her now than later.

She opened the door, entered the room and smiled at Avery gently. "Avery, honey"

"Hey, mom. I'm glad you are back. I missed you so much" She hugged her mom.