Chapter (10): Hanging Out

Steve was with April walking to class, holding hands but he was thinking about something. He missed his old friend, it's been a long time since they hung out together.

"Steve" she said. "Steve!" She shook him a bit chuckling.

"Huh? Yeah?"

"What are you thinking about?" She smiled and winked.

He chuckled. "It's not what you think"

"Then what is it? Is it about your uncle?"

"No I was thinking about Danni. I just realized that I haven't see her since ages"

"Then why don't you hang out with her like you used to?"

"That's a very good idea" He smiled at the thought. "How about the four of us hang out together?"

"By four you mean us, Danni and Avery, right?"

"Yeah, what do you think?"

"When?" She smiled at him and he kissed her.

"You ask Avery and I'll ask Danni"

"Or..." she said as she tilted his chin up. "We could go to them and ask them both at the same time"

"Smart" he said as he gave her a small kiss and they went to class.

***************************

In the afternoon Avery returned home and felt hungry so she headed down to the kitchen and luckily for her, Danni hasn't arrived yet. She wasn't in the mood for her endless flirtation and teasing. The doorbell rang and she went to open it and found Steve and April beaming at her.

"Hey, guys" She smiled as she hugged them.

"Hey, you" said Steve.

"Steve has an idea"

"About what?"

"About hanging out" he said.

"I like that" She smiled.

"The four of us" said April.

"Who is the fourth?"

"Danni" he said.

Her eyes went wide and she opened her mouth to say something but closed it again "Uh..." She looked at April then Steve and all three of them heard a vespa. They turned around and saw Danni taking off her helmet, running a hand through her curls.

"Hey Danni!" Steve called her and motioned her to come. She gave him a nod with a smile and jogged towards them.

"Hey" she said as she smiled at April, Steve and even Avery who scoffed lightly.

"Danni, are you free tonight?" asked Steve as he put an arm around her shoulder.

"It depends. You know I have to work here" She stated.

"Yeah, she does" said Avery hoping to get rid of her.

"Okay" He rubbed his chin, thinking. "What if you finished early can you come with us? I missed hanging out with you"

"Me too man" she said truly and thought for a moment. "Okay, I finish work then we can hang out"

"Yes!" he said. "You'll have fun I promise"

"I know I will" She chuckled. "So the four of us will go, right?" She locked eye with her for a split second.

"Yeah" said April willing to get to know her.

"Then you have my word" He hugged her and patted her back. She winked at Avery from behind them and Avery gave her the finger quickly.

"We will see you two tonight, okay?"