Chapter (22): Kiss Me

At the hospital, Danni went to see her brother and Josh wasn't there yet. She entered the room, finding him awake and he grinned when he saw her.

"Hey, champ" she said as she hugged him. "How are you today?"

"Okay" he said as he sighed.

"You sure? Are you feeling tired or something? Do you want me to get the doctor for you?"

"No" He shook his head. "But I wanna go home"

"I know, I want you there with me but we have to obey the doctor, Ben. It's for your own good"

"How long should I be here?"

"A few more days but I'll come and visit you every day" She smiled and he joined her.

"Okay. I miss your pancakes"

She chuckled, ruffling his hair. "They miss you too buddy and soon you'll have them again"

"Where is Avery?"

"She is at college, why?"

"I wanna see her. I like her" he said innocently and Danni smiled.

"I like her too" she mumbled.

****************************

Steve, April and Avery were at April's house, relaxing on her bed, eating ice cream after finishing their college tiresome day.

"I need the bathroom" said Steve as he was getting up.

April turned to Avery who was eating her strawberry ice cream.

"So, is Danni a member in a gang?"

She chuckled. "No, she is, uh..." She stopped and decided to lie this time for Danni since it was none of her business to talk about Ben. "I don't know; I didn't do anything"

"Okay"

"But we are friends now"

"Yo- You and Danni?" She arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah"

"That's amazing! Finally! I know you would! I mean you should be her friend, she is cool!" she said enthusiastically. "We should celebrate"

"I just became her friend" She chuckled.

"We need to celebrate you being back on the track and befriending Danni, let's do it tonight"

"I can't"

"Why?"

"I have to do something with Mr. Gray. I'm assisting him on some sort of project. It will help me with the grades since they are dropping already"

"Why didn't you tell me before? I could've helped you, Ave"

"It kind of slipped my mind I guess. You know with everything here at the house" She shrugged and glanced at the clock. "And I should go... like now or bye bye grades!"

"Okay, well bye!" She yelled as Avery was already leaving the room.

Avery went to the hallway quickly running her way to Mr. Gray's classroom. She reached for the door and turned the knob, opening the door and saw him already working on some papers.

"Professor Gray, I'm so sorry, I know I'm late"

He glanced at his watch. "No, actually you aren't. You are on time"

She let out a relieving sigh. "Thank God"

"Relax" he said chuckling. "Now come here" He motioned for her to come. "Tell me which one is better" He pointed at two photographs.