Chapter (39): Carter Reed

When Danni went downstairs to the kitchen after leaving Avery's room, she only saw Abigail there and Robert was missing.

"Hey, Abby"

"Danni" she said nodding her head.

"Where is Robert?"

"He was here an hour ago but left early. He was feeling worn out and he refused to speak or talk about whatever was bothering him"

She looked down feeling sad. "... I think I know why" she said softly.

"Why?"

"... It's because me and Chloe broke up and she must feel broken because of me and he for sure is pissed at me"

"Why did you do that?!"

"... Because I didn't want to hurt her. My feelings for her weren't real and she deserves to be with someone who shares the same feelings with her. I know I hurt her badly because I know she liked me for a while and we had a good time together but we don't belong together. It's for the best"

Abigail sighed and put a hand on Danni's shoulder. "What are you gonna do about Robert?"

"... I don't know but I'll try explaining to him everything"

"I hope he'll understand your reason. From your words I get that you didn't use her, you just wanted the best for her" She patted her back and went back to work.

Avery and Meredith were having their dinner together, silently. Avery broke the silence first since she had a question roaming her mind for a while.

"When am I gonna meet Carter?"

Meredith placed her coffee gently on the table as a smile drew across her face. "I was thinking maybe tomorrow if you want. We could go to his yacht and spend a day with him"

"He has a yacht?!" Her eyes went wide.

"Yes. Two actually"

"Wow! I'm in if he's gonna take me on his yacht"

Meredith chuckled at her daughter. "Alright, I'll give him a call"

"Does he have any kids?"

She shook her head. "No, he doesn't. He was married for 7 years and his wife died because of cancer"

"Oh" she said sadly looking down. "Sorry, I didn't know about that"

Meredith nodded sadly and continued eating.

"But he is lucky though... Because he met you and you, mom, are incredible" said Avery and her mother smiled at her.

"Aw, thanks sweetie" She finished her plate and wiped her mouth "I'm gonna go to bed" She stood up. "Good night"

"Night"

***************************

Danni finished washing the dishes with Abigail and Abigail said her good night then left Danni changing her clothes. As she was going out to the door, she bumped into Avery.

"Well, hello there" said Danni smirking.

"Hello stranger" She smirked back.

"Forgot something?"

"... Maybe" She grabbed the hem of Danni's shirt. "You finished?"

"Yep"

"Then come and spend some time with me" She whined.

"I wish if I could but... I have to get Ben home. I'll make it up to you later"

"...Okay"

"Great" Danni leaned over and kissed her forehead and lingered there for a while. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"