Chapter (21): Friends

Danni was at the garage, having her break, sipping her freshly cold water and she was thinking about Avery, her mind still hadn't processed that fact that her brother survived because of her, she owes her not only money but her life.

"Hey, what's on your mind?" asked Josh as he sat beside her.

"Ben"

"Ah, I see, I see" He studied her expression. "Is that all?" He smirked.

"Yeah, I'm grateful that everything is fine now and I hope it will continue to be like that"

He nodded. "Is Avery the girl who was giving you hard time at your job?"

She scoffed. "She was but I guess not anymore" She shrugged.

"She is beautiful though"

"Mm-hmm" She took another sip.

"I think Ben has a crush on her" he said and she laughed.

"I don't see why not" She chuckled.

"So you like her?" He smirked and arched an eyebrow and she stopped laughing and cleared her throat.

"I like her but not in the way that you think. We can say I owe her a big time because of her huge favor"

"You are right. You are in a hard position though"

She looked at him with her brows knitted. "And why is that?"

"You have two beautiful ladies and it's hard to choose between them. The brunette or the red head?"

"I'm not choosing anyone" She stated.

"Oh really?" He chuckled.

"Yeah"

"Alright then" He stood up and turned to her. "I'm gonna go now" He smirked at her. "But remember my words... the brunette or the red head?"

"Jesus, uncle Josh" she said to herself, shaking her head.

*****************************

Avery was in class, paying attention to Professor Gray... surprisingly, she decided to study more for herself as her grades were already dropping and in a steady decline. Professor Gray was pleased with her progress as she asked questions in the lecture which showed her interest in the subject and she did her last assignment. At the end of the lecture, the class was leaving and taking their last assignment from him, when it was Avery's turn he smiled at her.

"Avery, I have to say I'm impressed with your essay, it's quite... interesting and informative" He smiled at her.

"Thank you"

"Since you are a great writer... I was wondering if you would like to help me with something later... It's about students' projects and I need a hand and true opinion. It's gonna be a good chance for you to prove yourself"

"That's great, when can I start?" She grinned.

He chuckled softly. "I like your enthusiasm. Tomorrow right after college, I'll be here"

"Okay, good. See you later then"

She went to the parking lot, feeling proud and satisfied with herself. She got into the car and drove off to her home thinking about the great opportunity that will open her road to a bright future and she also thought about Danni and Ben on her way home, she remembered Danni kissing her cheek last night and the smile that never left her face after hearing the good news.

Avery arrived home and went upstairs and started doing her assignments before she could get lazy. Her tummy growled indicating the hungriness. She went downstairs and saw Danni coming through the door and she smiled at seeing her.