Chapter (46): Voltaic Emotions

Avery went back to her home after calling for a cab, and headed upstairs to her room. Once she got in, she leaned her back against the door and sighed heavily, eyes closed. Danni confessed her feelings to her and Avery let her hanging, that must have hit her hard in the heart. She grabbed her phone from her pockets and started dialing April.

"Yo, friend"

"Hey, April... Do you have time today to hang out?"

"Yeah, of course. When do you wanna meet?"

"How about... right now at my house?" She bit her the tip of her thumb nervously.

"Uh, sure. Be there in 20 minutes"

"Good. See you then" She hung up and went to take a quick shower.

20 Minutes later, Abigail opened the door for April then she went upstairs to meet her friend. She knocked lightly on the door then poked her head through the opened door.

"Here I'm" said April smiling.

"Hey" said Avery, drying her hair with a towel.

"Took a shower?"

"That I did and needed... after last night" She muttered the last part but April heard it.

"What happened last night?!" she asked excitedly as she understood what Avery meant.

"... What happened was... none of your business" She poked her tongue at her teasingly.

"Come on! I want the details! The juicy ones!"

"Huh?" She frowned. "You are acting weird today"

"No! You are the one who is acting weird. You had sex with Danni and you aren't even squealing or excited about it which equals very weird... Was it that bad? Because I know that lesbian sex is much way fun than the straight ones"

She sighed heavily as her face expression turned to a sad one. She took a spot on the bed across from April, crossing her legs.

"No, it wasn't bad. It never was"

"Then why do you look like you got heartbroken?"

"It's because I think I broke hers this morning" She covered her face and took a deep breath before continuing. "She said that she was in love with me this morning and I didn't say anything back"

"Ouch" She cringed.

"I know"

"Then what happened?"

"I... I left saying that I had to go to meet you which I thought was a lie but here you are now"

"What did she do?"

"Nothing. She remained silent afterwards"

"Ave... do you love her?"

"I-I don't know. I mean I have good time with her every time I see her and I like her a lot but... love her? I don't have the answer to that"

"Maybe you weren't ready to say those words"

"I guess so" She shrugged.

"You should tell her that! That you aren't ready to say it and by that she would understand"

"You think?"

"Definitely"

"I guess I have no choice then" She gave April small smile.

*******************************

Meanwhile, Steve drove off to Danni to hang out with her and he also met Ben for the first time and drove him to school. He enjoyed talking with this innocent boy and now Steve and Danni were walking down the street for just a walk.