Chapter (5): Sexy As Hell

Avery was still looking at Danni with her mouth slightly opened and her brows furrowed. Danni couldn't wipe off that smirk on her face. Seeing Avery in the sexy lacy night wear was something not everyone could see and forget about. Suddenly Avery felt naked in front of Danni because of the looks she was giving her.

"I met Danielle at the coffee shop this morning while you were asleep and overheard her giving some recipe to a waiter there, then an idea popped my mind. I asked her to cook something for me to eat, like a pancake and she is marvelous! So I hired her"

"Thank you Mrs. Carlisle for this lovely introduction but you can call me Danni"

"Alright then" She smiled sweetly at her. "I'm sure my husband will be pleased to meet you and taste your food... I know I didn't formally introduce my daughter to you. This is Avery my only daughter"

"Avery! Nice name" She gazed at her eyes and Avery felt the heat run up in her cheeks.

"I'm sorry Danni, but I need you to give me more information about you, like your last name" said Meredith.

"Sure" She tore her eyes away from Avery and looked at Meredith "The name is Danni Scott"

"Perfect" She wrote down. "Let's continue this in my office, shall we?"

"Lead the way" she said gently and locked eyes with Avery once again, smirking, before following Meredith upstairs.

Avery went to her room quickly groaning and hid her face in the pillow. She wasn't in the mood to see that person who shot back her words and she isn't going to see her once but probably every day. This means war to Avery, anyone who went off limits with her has declared war.

***************************

"Tell me Danni, why did you accept working as my cook?"

"I love cooking, cooking is my passion and I always wanted to be a chef, and since you liked my pancakes there, it will be a pleasure working for you"

"That's sweet. Do you go to college? Because you look so young to work"

"I did for a while but I couldn't proceed because of personal problems"

"Alright" She sighed. "That will be for today. I'm just gonna need your phone number" She stood up and adjusted her dress as Danni wrote down her phone number on the paper. "Do you wanna start today? It's okay if you don't want to"

"No no, on the contrary I'll be glad to start now but I have something to say... I have another job in the morning, so I won't be able to be here at that time"

"It's okay, as long as you'll be here in the evening"

"Okay, I have one more question"

"I'm listening"

"Do I get to wear a chef's uniform? With the hat and all?"

She laughed lightly. "You'll have a uniform yes but without the hat"

"Good because I don't like chef's hat" She chuckled.

"No, no don't worry about it... Come on let me introduce you to my maid and the butler"

She took her to the kitchen and Abigail, the maid and Robert, the butler stopped what they were doing and smiled at Meredith and the new young chief. Robert was 54 years old and had white subtle beard and white hair with blue eyes and Abigail was 38 years old, she had brown eyes and brown hair and married with kids.

"This is Danni Scott, she will be the new cook" They smiled at Danni and she returned the smile. "Danni, this is Robert our butler and this is Abigail our housemaid and servant and also your assistant"

"Hi, nice to meet you" she said sweetly.

"Now I'll leave you to get know each other and Danni I hope you'll surprise us today"

"I will" she said confidently and Meredith left.

"You look so young to be a chef" said Abigail.

"I'm 20 years old"

"So you are supposed to be in college" said Robert.

"Uh, yes. I was but I dropped out for my own reasons"

"Well welcome aboard, kiddo" The old man said sweetly as he patted her back.

****************************

Avery went downstairs after she changed into a red V-neck shirt and hot shorts with white snickers. She was hungry as she didn't have breakfast after seeing Danni who made her pissed off that she forgot her hunger. As she was walking to get herself an apple she almost slipped but an arm hooked around her at the last minute before completely slipping and falling down on the ground.

"Whoa!" she said putting a hand on her chest and the other was clutching on her savior's sleeve.

"I got ya" said Danni smirking down at her.

Avery noticed how close they were, that she could see Danni's beautiful hazel eyes clearly in the day light, and Danni's grip was gentle and strong at the same time and sent a shiver down her spine.

"Get away from me!" she said angrily as she pushed her.

Danni wasn't surprised at her action, she just shrugged. "You are welcome"

"... Since you work for us now, I want you to make me something to eat and don't add too much salt, do you hear me?!" She raised her voice a little.

Danni tilted her head to the side before pulling Avery closer to her by the hem of her red shirt and Avery gasped and blinked more than once, surprised at her action and a blush crept on her cheeks once again.

"I do hear you" She smirked. "You don't need to yell... ginger"

"I'm not a ginger..." She looked at her nervously as they were so close and Danni's hand was still holding her shirt. "My hair is auburn, there is a difference"

"I don't care... ginger" She looked at her and stepped even closer that Avery felt her breath brush her lips. "By the way you should wear that nightwear more often. You looked sexy as hell in it" She pulled away from her, shooting her a wink, leaving Avery with a confused look on her face.