Chapter (53): A Slap To Snap

Finally, the group of friends finished their finals and started their vacation together. Avery, Steve and April were hanging out at the mall after their finals for some shopping and to take a breather from the tremendous stress they were all have been going through.

"I can't believe we finished our college year. Boy, it was tough this year, wasn't it?" said April.

"Yeah it was hell" He chuckled. "But now and finally we're free from all the books and exams. We get to do what we want and party" said Steve giving April a kiss.

"What will you do, Avery?" asked April, seeing the red head silent for a while.

"Hmm" She thought for a second. "I haven't decided yet but I'm thinking about going on a tour in Spain"

"Oh La La!" said Steve.

"Babe, that's French" said April laughing at her boyfriend.

"Well, they are all the same and Spain and France are neighbors"

She chuckled at him before turning back to Avery who were smiling at the couple. "Spain! That sounds great. You going alone or with someone?"

"Probably with my dad and Harper"

"Is Rick gonna be there?" asked Steve.

"No. But I talked to him last week. He apologized to me and I... forgave him"

"Just like that?"

"Yes. I don't see why I should blame him... Danni didn't love me anyway. Maybe he did the right thing back then" she said sadly.

Steve and April shared a knowing look. He was about to speak but April kicked his foot from under the table and he knew this was his cue to shut up.

"Anyway, since we finished our exams, we should celebrate. Do you have any suggestions about any new clubs?" said April, trying to change the topic.

"Well, there is this new place that opened a month ago, it's already becoming famous" said Steve.

"I think we should give it a try" said April. "See what this new place is about"

"Good idea"

"Then at 8:00 we'll meet. Just text me the address" said Avery.

*********************************

"Hey, I've to go now or my boss will scold me for the second time already" said Danni poking her head from her uncle's door.

"Okay but did you finish?"

"Yes and I really need to go"

She took off on her vespa and arrived at the club on time. She went from the back door to the dressing room, taking off her jacket on her way inside and opened her locker.

"Hey, Tina" said Danni changing her clothes.

"Hey, Danni. Running late?"

"Kind of" she said as she took off her shirt and changed into her bartender shirt and vest, buttoning them up. "Has he arrived yet?"

"No" She chuckled at her. "Calm down. You always on time, except for that one time... no wait! it was two times"

Danni rolled her eyes with a smile. "Yeah, yeah, I know no need to remind me of that"

"The place tonight will be full of people"

"Like it has never been" She joked. "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go"

They got out of the dressing room and went to the bar, taking their places. People already arrived and started ordering drinks and appetizers and they complied.