Chapter (43): The B-Word

Avery went home and found her mother and her father sitting in the living room, having their own talk. She headed to them and they both smiled at her.

"Hey, honey" said Fred.

"Hi, dad" She went to his side and kissed his cheek. "What are you doing here? It's a nice surprise!"

"It's a surprise indeed" He smiled. "But first do you wanna have breakfast with me and your mother?"

"Here?"

"Yes" replied Meredith.

"Sure, anything with you, guys" She beamed at them both.

"I'll go tell Abigail" said Meredith as she was heading to the kitchen.

"So, dad, what's the surprise?"

He took a deep breath. "Well, you know how much I love you and your mother and you mean the world to me and I'm sorry for putting you in all our problems and I know what I'm doing is something hard for you but it's the best for the family." He stroked her hand lovingly and met her eyes again. "What I'm trying to say is... would you like to be one of Harper's bridesmaids?"

She grinned at him and nodded. "Yeah, sure. Where is she anyway?"

"She is in Paris doing some shopping for the wedding since we are getting married tomorrow"

"Tomorrow!" Her eyes went wide. "That's early! I thought the wedding would be next month or something"

"We decided to tie the knot" He shrugged.

"But wait tomorrow! I don't have any dress for the wedding"

"The problem is solved" He stood up and went to grab a wide box beside the TV. "This is a dress that she bought for you" He handed her the box. "Come on open it!"

She opened the box and pulled out the dress and smiled at the light pink v neck strap dress.

"It's... gorgeous"

"It will be more gorgeous on you" He smiled.

"Thanks, dad and thank her for me" She hugged her father. "Where is it gonna take place?"

"At The Hacienda"

"Perfect" She grinned.

"Breakfast is ready" said Meredith.

"Shall we?" he asked her with a wide smile.

"We shall" she said smiling and went to have breakfast with her parents.

******************************

"Morning, guys" said Danni fully energized.

"Hey, Dan" said Noah.

"You are early, kiddo" said Josh looking at her. "Are you feverish or something?"

"Yeah. Something like that" She grinned recalling her passionate night with Avery.

"You seem very optimistic today unlike yesterday"

"Yesterday? No, yesterday was amazing" She mumbled the latter.

He took a moment to understand then his eyes went wide. "Oh my god, Danni! You did it! Didn't you?"

"... Uhh"

"You did it! It's all written on your face! Congrats" He patted her shoulder.

"Thanks... I guess?"

"I'm positive you had fun last night"

She shrugged but couldn't hide her smile. "I think... I love Avery"

"You think?"

"Yeah, I think I loved her since the first day we met. Here, Right in this place... even when she had that temper" She chuckled lightly.