Chapter (55): With A Ring I Vow To You

Two months later, Meredith and Carter got married and this time Danni was their guest and not their chef. Her relationship with Avery bloomed, they became inseparable. Josh and Julie moved in together and Ben's health got better. April and Steve stayed as they are, they hang out with Avery and Danni every Thursday and Sunday. Fred and Harper are expecting a new baby born. Rick got himself a blonde girlfriend he met in his college, and he made amends with Danni.

Danni was in her room, rummaging through her wardrobe, trying to find the perfect outfit for Avery's birthday party. She needed to look chic for her and for the guests. Josh and Ben walked in her room staring at her with smiles.

"I don't know what to wear" she said looking through her clothes. "I've never wore anything fancy before"

"Let me help" said Josh getting out of the bed. "What's your thing?"

"My thing?"

"Yeah. What kind of formal outfit do you like?"

"Maybe something comfortable"

"How about just a shirt and a vest? Does that sound good?"

"Uhh, I think"

"What about this one?" said Ben pointing at the blue vest. "Avery likes blue"

She chuckled. "If that is what you think then okay, you got it"

"Then it's gonna be blue vest, grey pants and white dress shirt. Perfect and yet so simple" said Josh pulling out the clothes and handing them to Danni. "Go try them on"

"Okay"

Seven Minutes later, Danni emerged from her room rolling up her sleeves and both Josh and Ben smiled at her.

"You look good" said Ben grinning and giving her thumbs up playfully.

"Yeah, I don't think Avery would really care about the party" said Josh smirking at Danni and she understood what he meant.

"Why?" asked Ben innocently turning to his uncle.

Danni chuckled softly. "Nothing, champ. Don't mind your uncle"

"Should I wear a tie or something?"

"Mmmm... No" said Josh. "You look great this way"

"Okay then I guess I'm ready" She grinned. "Ben, do you have what we need?"

"Yes"

********************************

Avery was standing in front of the mirror applying her last touch of makeup while April was sitting on the bed chatting with her. Avery wore a strapless dark blue dress and black heels and her hair was wavy and loose, cascading down her shoulders.

April whistled and Avery looked at her reflection from the mirror with a shy smile.

"Nice" said April giving her a wink and Avery laughed softly.

"Do you think I'm over-dressed?"

"Oh god no! Danni would need an air conditioner for sure and it's your birthday, you should be the queen of the party"

"Do I look good?"

"Honey, you look extremely sexy in that dress"

The doorbell rang, grabbing both their attentions, and April got out of the bed, adjusting her dress.

"That's probably Steve"

They went downstairs and opened the door and indeed it was Steve wearing white dress jacket and black t-shirt that matched his pants. An hour later the house was full of people who were close to Avery and her family, Rick, Harper, Carter, her friends and her parents and at last Danni, Ben, Josh and Julie arrived.