Chapter (34): Outburst

"Ben, you ready?"

"Yes, I'm coming"

He emerged out of his room and as usual she tied his shoe lace and grabbed his bag, handing it to him.

"Did you take your medicine?"

"Yes"

"Good boy. Uncle Josh is waiting for you downstairs"

"Okay bye" He gave her a quick hug then turned around to leave.

"Wait! Your lunch"

"Yeah"

She opened his bag, putting the sack of his lunch and he gave her another hug before leaving.

She went to the garage and sat alone. The only ones were today, were her and Noah. Josh hasn't arrived yet neither did the others. She leaned on the wall with her arms crossed, looking up and taking a deep breath.

"Want a cigarette?" asked Noah as he had one dangling from his lips.

"No, thanks. I don't smoke"

"Suit yourself" He lit the cigarette and took his place beside her. "It's quiet today, isn't it?"

"Yep"

"How are you doing?"

"As bored as you can see" She joked and he chuckled a little.

"You and me both, Danni. You sure you don't want one?"

"No, thanks"

"How about a drink?"

"I could use one but we are working"

"Working? Do you see any vehicles here?"

"No"

"Then you need the drink"

She raised an eyebrow at him and he laughed. "Don't worry, it's just root beer. I know you are committed to work"

"Fine, hand me the beer"

"You got it" He brought a bottle of beer, handing it to her and she took a long sip.

"Whoa! Easy there. You okay?"

"I'm always okay"

"That's what they always say at first. You could use a friend to talk to"

"Thanks but I'm a preserved person and I'm not in the mood to share my stories with anyone"

"But I'm Noah"

"And I'm Danni"

"Seriously, you are using this shit with me" He chuckled.

"Look, Noah... I need to clear my head, so if you please..."

"Alright, alright, I'll leave you with your wicked thoughts" He winked and she shook her head in disbelief.

She closed her eyes for a minute, taking a deep breath and she saw the sight of Avery smiling at her and showing her pearly teeth. Just imagining Avery's features and her voice that remains in her ear and makes her heart pick up a pace made her open her eyes and realize a truth about herself.

"Hey, Noah, there is somewhere I have to be so when my uncle arrives could you please tell him?"

"Sure, sure, anything"

She took off on her vespa, going to Avery's hoping she could open her mouth and say everything that was bottled inside her since the day they met.

****************************