Chapter (31): Double Jealousy

The sun peeked through the window and Danni started to open her eyes and she felt something on her shoulder. She glanced at it and saw Avery sleeping next to her, resting her head on her shoulder and Danni's hand was around her waist.

"What th-? When did that happen?" She thought and closed her eyes when Avery's hand went up to her neck.

Danni's heart was pounding in her chest hard as she was trying to move away from Avery but Avery was holding her tight and their legs were tangled underneath the covers. Danni sighed from the frustration and decided to wake her up.

"Avery!" She shook her. "Ave!" She shook her again and Avery mumbled in her sleep. "Wake up!"

"Go away" She mumbled.

"Come on please wake up!"

She tried to get up and she succeeded this time, leaving Avery sleeping in her bed and she whined.

"Why did you leave? You are so warm" She mumbled.

Danni stopped in her track and went to her side of the bed, admiring Avery in her sleep. She sat on the bed beside her and stroked her auburn hair, moving it away from her face and Avery began to wake up. Quickly Danni stopped her hand from touching the red head and stood up.

"Finally, you are up" She joked.

"Sorry. I was so tired yesterday" She rubbed her eyes.

"I'll go make us breakfast"

"No wait. I'm gonna leave"

"Now? Don't you want to eat something first?"

"Umm, no" She stood up and Danni by chance glanced at her butt, and Avery saw her. "Were you just looking at my butt?" She arched an eyebrow.

"N-Nooo! I have a girlfriend. W-Why would I look at your butt?"

"Because you are a perv" She chuckled. "Remember when you took the towel from me just to catch the rat?"

"The mouse" She corrected.

"Whatever. You were such a perv"

"I was just trying to help" She shrugged.

"Anyway, I'll get dressed then I'll go..." She looked at her. "Thanks for letting me stay here"

"... No problem"

"... Okay" She smiled at her before leaving the room and heading to the other.

*******************************

After her uncle called her, telling her to come to the garage, she went and saw him talking with Noah.

"Hey, guys"

"Hey" said Noah.

"I'm glad you are here"

"Okay, I'll see that car"

"Alright, Noah"

"Who is with Ben?" asked Danni.

"The one and only"

"So now she is the one and only, huh" She wiggled her eyebrows and he pulled down her cap to her eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" He chuckled. "Aren't you happy with Chloe too?"

"I'm" She smiled but her eyes were telling the opposite.

"Okay, we need to talk about Ben's school"

"Yeah, I was gonna ask you about that. Do you think he is ready to go back?"

"... He seems ready to me, he is healthy. Damn! I've never seen a kid excited about school like him"